trans down again i should of listened 2 you

robztheman

Well i got car back from local builder for the fourth time on friday.Pump went out on the way home so i just had it towed back to my house.Originally i took my car to shop the frictions had burnt up.2nd time pump went out trans guy told me a check valve went trough the valve body and psi broke the pump,3rd time forward drum shaft broke, now pump out again.Drum was cryoed and welded.
I am thinking he messed up something in the valve body maybe drilled it to large or something.Anyway i have been in contact with Brian ,and mike @century trying to decide who to go with. Brian has a trans he can ship strait out to me. while mike said he can have it done in two days.I am not sure about the warranties yet that might be a deciding factor.century is close to me about 30min drive.but I would like to have a back up trans.Pricing is also a deciding factor i am poor.
I got rear ended on Wednesday in my wife's mustang. I am glad it wasn't the gn but she loves her car like i love mine.

The reason for this post is DONT EVER TRUST THE LOCAL TRANSMISSION GUY.

This all depends on who your local guy is. There are people who claim "I can build it" and after the 4th time you realize they are lucky they can do a TH350. I am a local guy here and have had to fix shop's 200 builds after hearing "my guy knows what he is doing" I don't know how many times. Last one gave me an S10 for fixing an 87 BRF after they did it 4 times. You just have to do your homework as to who you have do the work. :)

The reason for this post is DONT EVER TRUST THE LOCAL TRANSMISSION GUY.

Under a family members advice I had some work done at Scott's Speed Shop in Hagerstown, MD, big mistake they F-ed up my tranny and then told me it was bad to start with. Kinda funny since it was a recent complete rebuild that I had driven over a thousand miles in and ran flawlessly till I dropped it off there. Didn't bother to try to go through a long drawn out legal process and waste any more money, just bit the bullet and gave Billy Anderson the cash and he fixed me right up. Always stick with people you know and trust. I learned my lesson the hard way as usual.

My local guy called me today found out that i had towed my car hm from his shop. He told me to bring it back so he can make it right,I give him credit for trying.I told him that i cant wait another 2 weeks for my car.He said if i can pull it he can do it in a day. I am thinking to myself yeah what 5th times the charm? Well I am going to take trans to him tomorrow and order a new brf from someone on tb. not sure who to go with all have there good and bad sides.1 guys price is to hi,but i am sure can do a great job .2nd guy wont give me a warranty or at least wont quote me one,don't blame him who the hell knows if i know how to install it.If i do than i might drive my car. 3rd guy 2 weeks on the converter and if you figure i wont have the money for 2 weeks that puts it out for a month.4th guy likes to sale all the parts he can.
So i think i will leave it to my wife. she can tell me where to take it and if it does not work out i can blame her lol jj she is in charge of the money.All guys i am talking to are form this web site.

Then...sadly...it would be chimichangas and beer around here. I have seen too many "trained" techs around here work for beer and don't even do a good job B4 they start drinking. :D

that depends where ya live :biggrin:

Do yourself a favor and contact Brian Hofer on here, get his and be done with it ! Mine has been in for about 2 years now I think and it still works PERFECT, great shifts and will snatch the front tires on a T brake lauch everytime. Daniel