Trans Build for Low 10s

V6 sleeper, that is not right. More people burn the tranny from heat on the street doing multiple wot blasts.

At least at the track you are WOT and apply full line pressure. On the street, any 11.50 car or better does not need WOT for anything but a battle.

i wanted to say he had it backwards but that would lead to me having to start an intelligent discussion and explain...and it will go sour with those that think they know , so ill leave it with "he's not right but not for those reasons ...."

A prepped super sticky track is a lot harder on your trans then the street wot blasts you do around town laying patches.

Like the house of hook which is my home track?

I see more rear ends and drive shafts get spit out than I can count, not transmissions.

V6 sleeper, that is not right. More people burn the tranny from heat on the street doing multiple wot blasts.

^^ What he and others have said^^^

Like the house of hook which is my home track?

I see more rear ends and drive shafts get spit out than I can count, not transmissions.

^^ What he and others have said^^^
I still disagree.........no biggie,, all I said was the track is harder on a trans then the street because of loading of the converter off the line+trans brake and superior hooking ...that's it...ive blown them up all over no matter who built the 2004r.

Hey PREDA8OR, why the optimistic rating? If Lonnie and Dave don't have the expertise and knowledge of ten good men combined of the 2004r who would you recommend?

I'm just wondering who you know that has more knowledge.

Lonnie worked for the Hyrdamatic division of GM for instance. He has probably built more 200r4 units than any other one builder on this site.

Dave has one of the best reputations also for buliding a reliable unit and both of these guys will go above and beyond in the advice, service and warranty department.

I have yet to hear anything bad about either of these guys or their integrity in the Buick community.

So please help me understand that ridiculous rating.

I would go with Lonnie and a full race 2004r build ! Ive got 2 of his trans just waiting to make the power to the ground

Hey rob, i didnt say anything. Thats the second time someone has asked me why i gave a bad rating. I know lonnie and dave are the best

It's all good, just couldn't figure out why someone would do that unless they were clueless.

happens a lot on touch screens when you try scroll, there should be a confirmation popup on the ratings

Contact Four C's transmission in santa fe springs california and speak to Julian, the best trannie builder ive ever met, this guy knows his stuff, had a 2004R built by him with all the bells and whistles and it just kept going and going without a hick up, be prepared to tell him what your needs will be and what it will be used for to get the proper built..