Trans brake and 2 step question

QwikStop

Wfo Racing Team Rep.
Ok, i use a stage right trans brake with a column shift and will be adding a 2 step to the equation...my question is how would you install the 2 step to deactivate when the column shift is slapped up into drive....anyone doing anything like this?

I'm not sure a "manual trans brake" (like the Stage Right) can be used in conjunction with a 2 step. The 2-step is usually used with electric tb's…:unsure:

Claude.

Ok, i use a stage right trans brake with a column shift and will be adding a 2 step to the equation...my question is how would you install the 2 step to deactivate when the column shift is slapped up into drive....anyone doing anything like this?
You would use a normally open switch that is engaged at the trans linkage and closed when the shift linkage at the trans is in the low 1 position. This switch would get wired in series with the 2 step. You can wire it through another switch inside the car to be able to manually disable the 2 step.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I have a stage right with 2 step.. I use momentary switch to activate it. I have a floor shifter and when in 1st gear it hits the switch to activate. As soon as bump out of gear it deactivates.

You would use a normally open switch that is engaged at the trans linkage and closed when the shift linkage at the trans is in the low 1 position. This switch would get wired in series with the 2 step. You can wire it through another switch inside the car to be able to manually disable the 2 step.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
I have a stage right with 2 step.. I use momentary switch to activate it. I have a floor shifter and when in 1st gear it hits the switch to activate. As soon as bump out of gear it deactivates.
This is what i am thinking about, trying to keep it simple but effective.....thanks for the input guys

I know this is an old thread but here goes.
I have a 2 step installed with the switch on the brake pedal. I also have a stage right manual brake. What I would like to do is have the capability to use either one. I have a switch that can mount perfectly so that when I put it in low1 it pushes the switch.
I want to be able to use either one or neither. I have a ashtray switch for both. My concern is whenever I activate either one it's going to energize the switch side of the other switch that I'm not using. My question is will this be a problem?

I know y'all are saying why would need both and my answer is let's say I don't want to use the transbrake for traction reasons but I still want to take advantage of the boost building of the 2step I could just use the brake pedal and if the track is really hooking I might want to try the transbrake

Thanks

No, there will be no issue with the other being energized. They will need to be wired parallel, not in a series.