tranny will not shift

irene.jack

tranny will not shift at WOT,otherwise works perfectly,any ideas fellows? Thanks for any help you can give,Jackie

Need more info. What year car? Is trans stock, rebuilt, shift kit? Does it shift normally at low throttle angles? At what speeds does it shift into the next gear under light throttle 1-2, 2-3, 3-4? What speeds/rpms are you reaching at WOT when you get the no shift condition?

87 gn,stock tranny with shift kit,rebuilt 1000 mi. ,shifts good under normal throttle.seems to stay in 1st with rpm going to 5000 plus when I go to wot, thanks Jackie

Oh I forgot to say we had leaking pan gasket???,and when we installed new gasketwe change filter from 700r to 200r as we had to get the kit to get a pan gasket .,could this have caused my problem as it worked before.thanks

Does the trans have a deep pan? Try adding a little more trans oil and see what happens. It could be you are uncovering the filter under hard acceleration, sucking air, and lowering the pump pressure. Also, an improperly installed filter or filter seal could cause low pump pressure.

My trans is doing the exact same thing.Under WOT it has issues shifting and somtimes it wont at all.Under normal driving conditons the trans works like a charm.