Tranny Rebuild SOON! Help

8UWITH6

Hi guys, Im planning on tearing the tranny out of my GN in a few weeks. My plan as of now is to do this:

A local tranny friend and I are going to rebuild my 200r4 ourselves, on our own time, not a shops time. Hes been doing trannys for a while, while I have only learned the basics about them in school. The deal is, I pay for all the parts, and costs, and he walks me through the rebuild step by step. IE-no shop fee. I want a strong tranny, but not a FULL RACE tranny. I dont have the $$$ for that. Basically, I need a list of all the parts I should use in rebuilding my 65K mile tranny. Clutches, bands, hard parts, etc. I plan on retaining the stock converter, but possibly having it gone through (probably a good idea). I need a rough estimate of what this will cost for just the parts since I gotta get the cash together soon.

Just in case this helps, my tranny isnt too bad now, but is getting VERY soft. No flares that I can tell, but it doesnt feel the same as when I got it about 2 years ago. I want to replace all the parts I can inside though........I thought about just doing a shift kit, but thats not a good alternative I have heard.

Anyhow, Ive been kinda rambling......but I need to know what list of parts is a good idea for a budget rebuilt that will last about 3 years or so until I can afford a professional rebuild :) . I probably go to the race track 10 times during the summer, about 30 passes a year I guess. Im not out there every single weekend.

Neil,

Talk to Bruce and tell him what kind of power your making and how you plan to drive the car. He might can give you some guidance on what you can and can't do. Remember, good parts are a key to being successful but the knowledge thses guys have about theses 200's is invaluable. Good Luck!

Feel free to give me call for any tech advise! Glad to help.

Feel free to give me call for any tech advice! Glad to help.