tranny problems: take 2 : please help!!

Futwa

after several test drives i still have the same problems. When i get into the upper rpm range in second gear my trans seems to disengage and it's like i'm in neutral. My shifts are now very soft and the trans doesn't shift anywhere near when i shift gears. I have an art carr deep pan and i have put 6 quarts in already...it should take about 6.75 right?? i am using a lokar dipstick so i really don't trust it. I have adjusted my tv cable several times to no avail and i currently have it set when it was to begin with, and when in drive it shift at a decent rpm. I also have bruces .570 tv boost vavle and my tcc seleniod it completly removed...i found out today that was not a smart thing to do. Please does anyone have any ideas? i just rebuilt this trans, and btw it's on a chevelle not a buick. And does anyone live around the Dallas areas who would be willing to take a look at it for me....i don't trust most people in my area with hi performance stuff....i would of course be willing to pay.

Long drive to California but I will do what I can to help.
Boost Perf. ( George) is in Amarillo he is very trustworthy. Mike is in Houston, another good one. Ahhh.... and I am sure there are more. I would have to check database at work. Call me there if you need more.

i appreciate your reply bruce, but i was trying to avoid calling you because i know you're a busy man and i have too many problems with the trans right now to narrow it down. Is it a problem that my entire tcc selenoid it removed?? could this cause some of the problems i described??

From the sounds of this and your last two posts you have some severe problems that are not just fluid level, tv cable or tcc solenoid related. I believe it is fluid related, and the first thing you need to do before you'll ever get any where with diagnosing it is get a good pressure gauge and get the readings in all gears at min. tv and max tv cable as per specs. if you don't know what you have there you'll just be guessing about eveything else. Do that and report back and I'm sure it can be narrowed down from there if you don't find that is the problem to begin with and I'd bet that it will be that. I noticed you said you went with a 13 vain pump in previous post and if it wasn't matched correctly that may be your problem to begin with, re-read what Bruce posted, it was concerning your leak, even though the leak has stopped it probably is leaking internally thus the loss of pressure and cause of your prob's. Not to be questioning your skills but these trannies are very touchy and not well suited for the novice, why do you think so many people seek Bruce's help with them on here even when they have one that was just rebuilt by so called PRO's. There maybe more wrong than just pressure, but that is were you need to start.
QUOTE]Originally posted by WE4
Pump has got one of several things going on if you cannot atttribute it to fluid level. I would never trust a Lokar dipstick. Most vent problems are related to overfilling or expansion due to heat. Trans has to vent when hot. More hot More vent. If you are certain that this is not the problem, pump vent cavity has to be crossleaking somewhere and spewing out vent. It could be anything from pump gasket torn to pump halves not flat to pump gears and or slide is severly too small in the bore and transferring pressure to vent cavity. But if not overfilled which I would bet on, then pump crossleak is where I would look.

Lokar + Buick = Trouble.

WE4
[/QUOTE]