tranny cooler $ and kind

Two T's

Long Time member
wanting to put a tranny cooler in my 86 ttype 3600 stall te45a do not abuse the car mutch but want to pretect car was wondering how big of one is needed do you look at gvw if so how big is recomended. any manufacture recomended trying to keep cost down but want some quality also.
what are you guys running?
Thanks tom:confused:

Sorry unfamilure with stacked plate style could you explane a litte more work at Oreilly auto parts we have multiple in stock think brand name is hanyes. what dose stacked plate look like.
Thanks Tom

I have a B&M tranny cooler, it works perfect and I think it was only around 100$ bucks. They have them in the summit mag

I have the correct tranny cooler in stock. I sell it for $55.00 plus shipping. I don't charge paypal fees as it is illegal to do so....Give me a call

Dave
516-285-1103

I will check at work to see if anything is close to what has been mentioned above as money is tight now get good employee discount. But if we do not have anything in stock I will deffinetly call you also was told trans 1st to 2nd shift is starting to slip just a litte is firmer on 2nd to 3rd. So just trying to protect trans this summer for awhile till I can afford rebuild.
Thanks David
Tom

I think I might try the Hayden preformance one as looks like the B&M super cooler seen one on jeggs for about 50 bucks It willl only cost me about 30 dollars and it will just be for awhile when get tranny done will have to throw it away as friend that works on trannys said that you don'twant to take a chance on particles in cooler going into new trans. what is a fairly norm temp running my10" 3600 stall?
Thanks tom

All of the stacked plate coolers are built by LONG corporation and put into fancy boxes that have B&M,Earls and other logos on them etc. Long is owned by the DANA Corperation and is the biggest oil & trans cooler manufactuer in the world. All of the big three have used long brand coolers as OEM for at least the past 15 years. The tube & fin style coolers are no longer used except in cheap jobber set-ups. Here is a link to the long brand brochure: http://www.transtar1.com/dbImage.asp?ID=597

Pick out the one that has the highest GVW & BTU rating and you can't go wrong. Call some of your local transmission shops to find out which ones carry long brand coolers and you will find a much better deal on the same coolers marketed under different fancy names. I kept buying B&M coolers for premium prices untill I noticed that all of them had a tiny "LONG" brand logo stamped onto them.....did some research and have been saving my money buy buying directly from the source.:biggrin:

All of the stacked plate coolers are built by LONG corporation and put into fancy boxes that have B&M,Earls and other logos on them etc. Long is owned by the DANA Corperation and is the biggest oil & trans cooler manufactuer in the world. All of the big three have used long brand coolers as OEM for at least the past 15 years. The tube & fin style coolers are no longer used except in cheap jobber set-ups. Here is a link to the long brand brochure: http://www.transtar1.com/dbImage.asp?ID=597

Pick out the one that has the highest GVW & BTU rating and you can't go wrong. Call some of your local transmission shops to find out which ones carry long brand coolers and you will find a much better deal on the same coolers marketed under different fancy names. I kept buying B&M coolers for premium prices untill I noticed that all of them had a tiny "LONG" brand logo stamped onto them.....did some research and have been saving my money buy buying directly from the source.:biggrin:

cool info turbo man
thanks

Thanks daily drifter will check it out today when I go to work at Oreilly's will see what we got in stock.
Thanks

Get the BM supercooler. It is a little more expensive but will save you $ in the long run keeping you from spending $2800 on a rebuild.