trade 50s, converter, trans, intercooler, cam

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
2004r trans, good parts, built by victory in ocala, needs 1-2 band to cure slip. all other gears work good. make offer looking for around 500 or so

3000 stall orange stripe. will trade for 3500 stall turbo 400 converter or $100

6 msd 50s. will trade for 83s or sale 300

stock intercooler with scoop, works fine 100 obo

stock cam with lifters 130K miles, no signs of wiping 100 obo

looking for BOP short tailshaft turbo 400, above mentioned stall converter, 83s, edelbrock cam/lifters, trw forged pistons, gen 6 dfi, and girdle.

buyer pays shipping on all items. RESPOND IN HERE TO AVOID CONFUSION IN EMAILS.

i wanna say prob less than 5K miles. i got the trans rebuilt about 1.5-2 yrs ago and it was installed along with it. from there i drove it to school on some days, to the car show on saturdays and very little else as i had another car as a beater. only raced one time at the 1/8 mile track.

can you put me in line for the converter...I would just like to do a little more research on it, as I am kinda new to these trannies. Thanks!

sure things. anything i can do to help? also i put fluid in it for storage to keep the insides from rusting

Interested in the IC and Scoop...Cond? Also,Is the tranny a BRF code? If so, is it still in thae car? How bad is it slipping?

Thanks
Bo

well, I had some questions about reliability and driveability. Did you notice a change in gas mileage or around town manners? Also, will this work with a stock tranny and spool a TE44 easily? Finally, are there any other problems with throwing a converter in a 96K mile, stock tranny? Thanks!

If Tom Tom doesnt want the converter I will take it. Is it a 10 inch or 12?

tta - i/c and scoop came out of my car. when i used them everything was fine, no problems. scoop i bought from another board member b/c my original one was garbage. has the bottom piece minus screen or course. on the driver side the bottom piece has some kind of JB weld, bonding stuff. its pretty tuff like the rubber or leather or whatever the rest of the scoop is made of.

i pulled tranny with the engine. not sure how to gauge slip but it does shift but will need a band change (i think thats the part that goes when they slip). example though is if you floor it at the top of first you have to let off gas pedal for a sec to let it shift. other gears hold boost like from a roll as long as theres no downshift to 1st (which causes over-revving from the engine b/c of slip). if i remember correctly when Victory took the tranny out of the car the valve body was not BRF code but he said it wouldnt be a problem and fixed it accordingly. ran fine when i got it and up until i hot lapped it. reason for non BRF was prob due to the two AAMCO "rebuilds" it had before that.

tom tom, my odo doesnt work and i never track mileage but its a 12 inch converter and when not going WOT its just like the original 1300 stall converter that was in it before. it is a 12 inch converter that will work with a stock tranny and is a perfect match for a 44. in fact a buddy of mine was going to buy it a week ago until he kind of got forced into taking a 2800 stall, he didnt mind tho. if you would like to verify this fact and/or the condition of the converter you can look up my friend on here and talk to him. his name is dom and his forum name is DRP. i think his email is cwos@tampabay.rr.com is dont forsee any problems with putting it in a hi milage car. mine had over 100K on it when i had my rebuild. i was using it with a ta49 and spool was very fast, like 25 lbs before thru an intersection.

gnguy it is a 12 inch and you are 2nd in line.

thanks guys

Gotta pass. I need to seriously think about a roll bar for now...Last nights track outing got me thinking. Sorry for any delay.

Bo

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
Gotta pass. I need to seriously think about a roll bar for now...Last nights track outing got me thinking. Sorry for any delay.

Bo

no problem, thanks for looking

tom tom turbo, please let me know on the converter within 48 hours or i will have to let gnguy have it.

thanks
cory

hey gnguy, looks like you are up. sorry tom but the 48 hours has expired. if gnguy doesnt want it you are second in line. gnguy, please email me at ih8mcdonalds@aol.com with any questions on converter/shipping info.

thanks
cory