Tractor Trans Fluid?

HellOnWheels

HellOnWheels
Some time back (years) WE4 suggested the use of MobilOne tractor hydraulic trans fluid for use in our 2004R trans. I've used it in my trans since then and the trans still working good. However, now I can't find the MO. Will a good quality tractor trans fluid work as well??

Thanks much,

Jerry
HOW

Just use Dex VI trans fluid, it is synthetic and as good as the tractor fluid or better.

GM has a 100K mile warranty on their new truck transmissions, so they need to use the best fluid available!

We have used it in GN's for years, and found nothing better.

Some tranny builders say to use the 6 and some say to use 5 or F. I was told that the clutches were not designed for synthetic. I still use it. ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dex 6 is a new replacement for dex 3. Any trans that takes 3 is recommended to take 6. As it was back in the day went 2 and 3 came out. Here is where its tricky the factory gm dex fluid is not a synthetic, but most aftermarket fluids are. Now I'm not an engineer but hydraulic systems are pretty the same but I would the tractor fluid probably wouldn't have all of the necessary additives that the clutches need that are not in a tractor hydro system. Not sure but just a guess.

I use dex 6 here. I use the valvoline synthetic is a GM approved and certified fluid. Its been real good. Be aware that most dex 6 trans fluids are not certified.....not even Mobil 1's trans. fluid.

I went from Type F to John Deere hy-gard in my th400. Huge improvement on convertor coupling and rpm drop at the shift.

I use John Deere Hygard as well and it's a hellofalot cheaper than Dex 6.

You can use the regular and tighten up your converter a bit, or if you need to keep it loose for spool up there is a low viscosity version.

Just don't use it with a lockup converter.

The hy-gard lasts much longer than type f.

The hy-gard lasts much longer than type f.

Is the hy-gard detrimental to a lock up converter as stated above? I was thinking of going that route but I am running lock up converter.

TIA

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app