Traction other than Drag Slicks or Drag Radials?

Black Air

Has anyone had any luck with a regular street type tire and with suspensions mods that allowed you to get good traction?

Auto-cross tire's are next down the line from street slick.(Falken,Nitto,BFG G-force,.etc.etc) They work in the rain ,on corners,an from standing start if you practic alot with'm. Depends alot on the surface to tring to get traction on, either asphault or concret. theres big differance. You can forget traction on any name brand high milage tire, just won't happen with over 500hp...

Enjoy!

I used to have a set of 295 50 15 Yokohamas that had a pretty low tread wear rating but I don't think they make them anymore. Check the treadwear rating and if low enough and tire is wide wnough they will work DEPENDING on how much HP you are trying to harness.

Nitto NT01's are pretty sticky. I run them on my Z06 and have them on the back of my T for street duty. You'll need 17 or 18 inch wheels to have a better selection of sticky street tires.

If those guys can run tens on those bias ply repops and be stock appearing you can get some power down on a street tire. Just know there are limitations.

I could get 1.95-2.10 sixty foots out of some Road hugger 235x60-15 cheapies back when. tire pressure, your tune, launch boost, ambient temperature all make a difference. Practice and trying different things to find out what works for you and your car. If you see someone ripping off consistent great times, rest assured he/she has spend untold time you didn't see getting it dialed in to be able to do what you are seeing.

If those guys can run tens on those bias ply repops and be stock appearing you can get some power down on a street tire. Just know there are limitations.

I could get 1.95-2.10 sixty foots out of some Road hugger 235x60-15 cheapies back when. tire pressure, your tune, launch boost, ambient temperature all make a difference. Practice and trying different things to find out what works for you and your car. If you see someone ripping off consistent great times, rest assured he/she has spend untold time you didn't see getting it dialed in to be able to do what you are seeing.

What's a really good drag Radial tire using stock gearing and running in the nieborhood of 125 mph?

I have a high 10 car and I just upgraded to 295 55 15 M/T's from 275 60 15 Nittos and what a difference. These new 295 55's BITE. Now if you try to leave with 5 lbs boost you will blow them away unless you practice. I leave at 0 boost and just floor it. My car spools quick for some reason but these seem to hold it when it comes in.