Track results

Ungn, the Nitto's are 275-50's. I had a 1.83, and a 1.85 670' time as well tha night. 20# pressure in each, 5psi launch, using the method previously described. Tried a couple 10 psi launches, but got 2.33, and 2.11.

Ungn, don't worry. Psi numbers can be worthless if the tuning is wrong. I will be well into the 12's Tuesday. First 1-2 runs will be alchy off, 17-18 psi. The rest will be alchy on, 22 psi.

The motor is fresh, and compression is good. By delaying the alchy on, from 12 to 16 psi, the alum heads get a chance to heat up to where they are effecient at aiding full combustion.

By turning of the alchy too early, I just flooded out all the horsepower.

Tuesday guys, we shall see then..

BTW Intercooler thanke for the kind offer. I've followed your posts with interest. NE maryland is not that far away. I'm around Rowan University, In Glassboro.

Some of the 'wild and crazies' on the free spirited, and uncensored board are working on a run to Englishtown. It's under 'a night at the track' in the waiting room section. Drop me an E-Mail and maybe we could hook up somewhere for the drive up if you are interested...

I thought so, Look Quick :)

Today, (Sunday) I decided to take Ed bakers advice and tune for max performance without the alchy.

Running Sunoco 94 I ended up with:

19 psi, no knock. (at 75 mph)

Egt's 1325* (at 75 mph)

25* timing

Fuel pressure @ 43.5 Hose off

Added 12 percent more fuel!

As Ed said, "tune for the best performance, then add alchy"

I'm done tuning for today. We shall see Tuesday at Atco what happens. It's looking good!

BTW adding 100 percent denatured seemed to hurt it. (bogged) I'm thinking I may want to pull out some fuel?

I've reduced the mixture to 75% alchy, since this seems to be what a lot of guys are using.

I'm also thinking about bumping up the timing another 2*...

Any Ideas? :)