TR6 ignition system, orders for the spring batch.

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I am getting ready to kick off the next batch of these, if you are planning to get one this spring/summer, it would make sense to get in on this.

EDIT: the special pricing period is over, you can still order at the regular price. Thanks to all that jumped in!!!

I have set the pricing up on the web page, www.tr6.bailey-eng.com, you can order there. Normal pricing on these is 495.00, these preorders will sell at 10% off (445.00).

There is lots of info, and videos on that page, as well as that long "Bob Bailey ignition module" thread. Or post your questions/comments.

I expect to be shipping in late April or early May.

Bob

Last edited:
Thats up to them. The presale orders are discounted since I am taking the payment up front, whereas FTS will not charge you until your parts ship.

FTS is a good vendor, I would let your order stand with them, I'm sure they will work with you.

Bob

Fairly soon (the next week or so) or the delivery may slip some.

Bob

Bob I sent you an email about opit spark conversion guy. I also got my package thanks very much! Post up before this ends I have some irons in the fire and I maybe able to get a TR6!!!:)

ok, will do.

I will email you back about the LT1 / LTCC stuff.

Bob

Great upgrade guys. Sell your old system while it still has some value and use the money toward this system. Car will be smoother at idle and acceleration.

Joe

Hey guys, this special is going to run to the end of the week (midnight Friday, eastern time zone....)

Thanks to the all guys that got in on this so far!!

Bob

Will this system work with a hot air car?

yes, but a couple things.

1: since the system is set up for the 86/87 cars, your HA car needs to be set up with the adapters to use 86/87 style ignitions.

2: we will have to work out the plug wire requirements, I don't know the lengths needed.

Bob

If I assemble my own spark plug wires, what type of boot do I need to connect to coil pack? I am assuming the stock style boot will not work.

the coil terminals are different than on the stock stuff, the new coilpack and the LS style coils use the same terminal, with the coilpack you will want right-angle style though.

I have the terminal part numbers for Taylor here somewhere, I will dig them out and post them.

For those who have not made plug wires before, its a huge PITA to get right, buy extra terminals and make some practice crimps.

Bob

One thing I like about the TR6 is on the waste spark setting you can move your plug wires around each of the coils and still be in time because it fires on ever stroke .