tps

ricturbo

Has anyone had a bad tps that will not throw a ser light? aslo will a bad tps cause car to shoot up rpms and boost when mash throttle but feel like trans is slipping ? I put a autozone tps on it...

I had same problem on my 94 Silverado felt like trans was slipping. Took it to transmission shop to get it checked out & good thing it was an honest shop. Told me change the fuel filter & WHAAALAAA!!!

about a mounth ago the rpms stayed at 2000 I tapped the tps and it came down to 700. The trans has been acting up also 3rd gear seem to be very soft.Ive got a new tv cable but not had chance to change yet,

I had same problem on my 94 Silverado felt like trans was slipping. Took it to transmission shop to get it checked out & good thing it was an honest shop. Told me change the fuel filter & WHAAALAAA!!!
This car has new fuel tank and pump before it was bought where is the fuel filter located on car?

Driver side front of rear tire area. Found this video might help possibly.

I'm not saying is the fuel filter but it's a cheap replacement maintenance part. Hope it helps.

Actually... mine has a flat spot when pressing the accel pedal.
Runs fine at boost and have a good idle.
Is like the tps is adding more fuel than required.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

about a mounth ago the rpms stayed at 2000 I tapped the tps and it came down to 700. The trans has been acting up also 3rd gear seem to be very soft.Ive got a new tv cable but not had chance to change yet,
Where did you get the TV cable and what is the length?

put a new tps on today no change, plus tryed to install the tv cable it was to big for hole on tranny what a waist of time ,and fluild. bought from someone on this sight. Have not yet tryed the fuel filter . Im starting to think that maybe the trans is going bad all gears shift good except 3rd soft almost slips at low rpms when shifts into 3rd. Ive not mashed down on throttle yet waiting to change fuel filter. anyone else have any Ideals or had this problem ? fluid cherry red and no burnt smell,but fluid also maybe 3500 mile sense change.

As I mention before, you have to check and see if the TV internal cable is smooth and not binding as you pull and push into the TV cable outer shield.
Your best bet is to get the correct TV cable from one of the board vendors since you don't want to mess with those universal type.
GBodyParts has this cable, but I don't know if the length is correct. Maybe you can give Brian a call and ask what the length is.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1087&osCsid=c5d402cb1450ad640b5776ce70ae04cf
I got mine a while back from Highway Stars, but I don't know if Glenn has anymore; give him a call and see if there are any left.
Once you get the cable follow the instruction I gave you on how to adjust the TV cable as "GM recommended" setting.
If your 3rd gear still slip, look into asking another board vendor who deals with rebuilding transmission as ask him about your situation.

Attachments

• Buick - Correct length detent cable.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 72
As I mention before, you have to check and see if the TV internal cable is smooth and not binding as you pull and push into the TV cable outer shield.
Your best bet is to get the correct TV cable from one of the board vendors since you don't want to mess with those universal type.
GBodyParts has this cable, but I don't know if the length is correct. Maybe you can give Brian a call and ask what the length is.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1087&osCsid=c5d402cb1450ad640b5776ce70ae04cf
I got mine a while back from Highway Stars, but I don't know if Glenn has anymore; give him a call and see if there are any left.
Once you get the cable follow the instruction I gave you on how to adjust the TV cable as "GM recommended" setting.
If your 3rd gear still slip, look into asking another board vendor who deals with rebuilding transmission as ask him about your situation.
I saw the pic of tv cable looks just like the one I bought from a member on this site. I wonder if someone has put a dif trans in this car?

Check and see if your transmission has a ID tag towards the rear of the transmission, original 200-4R was painted yellow with BRF lettering.
Here are some site to help you ID your transmission.
The worst of all is to have your transmission rebuilt by one of the board vendors to your liking and start enjoying your ride.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/tranny/transguide.html
This next site gives you an example of what type of various 200-4R (keep in mind mine has the BRF lettering)
http://web.archive.org/web/20070128173316/http://members.aol.com/powerrslid/thm2004r.html

put a new tps on today no change, plus tryed to install the tv cable it was to big for hole on tranny what a waist of time ,and fluild. bought from someone on this sight. Have not yet tryed the fuel filter . Im starting to think that maybe the trans is going bad all gears shift good except 3rd soft almost slips at low rpms when shifts into 3rd. Ive not mashed down on throttle yet waiting to change fuel filter. anyone else have any Ideals or had this problem ? fluid cherry red and no burnt smell,but fluid also maybe 3500 mile sense change.

A new cable? Either way, make sure you're not trying to install the cable with two grommets. If you remove the cable from the transmission end, the grommet will likely stay installed on the transmission. If you have a new TV cable, it likely came with a new grommet to which you can just pull off and reuse the old one...or swap them out.

You need to make sure your TV cable is set properly before you go off the deep end and start thinking of rebuilding things. Not saying there isn't a problem with the trans but there are a few things you must eliminate as possible problems.