TPS to High at WOT

FASTV6HENRY

i tried searching but could not find an answer. i currently have .42v at idle and 5.06v at wot. i have already tried reseting the TPS twice and still the same issue gives me a fault code. all my reading are from my Scanmaster 3.
Could it be the sensor is bad? thanks

i tried searching but could not find an answer. i currently have .42v at idle and 5.06v at wot. i have already tried reseting the TPS twice and still the same issue gives me a fault code. all my reading are from my Scanmaster 3.
Could it be the sensor is bad? thanks
Interesting that it's higher than expected ecm voltage. What does the voltage to the tps read?

Are you using a volt booster of some kind?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

No volt booster is being used. Not sure what the actual voltage is to the sensor. I will check and get back.

Not yet but i will call him this week. i was just doing some log runs and noticed a fault code...but i never seen a high TPS reading like this at WOT. With the key on and car off the idle volts are at .42 and clime very smooth all the way to about 95% TPS with a reading of 4.90v than at about 100% throttle open it reads 5.06v and kicks the fault code.

To raise wot tps we loosen both screws and pull the tps toward the front of the car. Snug the bottom screw then rock the top of the sensor back to set idle value.

Sounds like you need to do the opposite. Loosen both screws and push the sensor toward the back of the car.

Rick

ok sounds good i will give it a shot... But would i still be able to get the same .38-.42v range at idle pulling it back.? And what kind of issues other than the fault code would the high WOT reading give me? thanks Rick

Yes. You should only need to pull it back a very small amount. snug down the bottom screw just tight enough to hold it in place and with the top screw loose enough you can move the nose(forward end) of the tps up or down to adjust idle value.

Since you have a FAST XFI, you don't need to worry about what the idle TPS voltage is. Just get the max voltage under 5.0 and recalibrate the TPS in the XFI.
Eric