TPS Setting at WOT

mtbraun

I am having trouble setting my TPS at WOT. I can set key on at .40 easily. Then when I test for WOT the voltage reads around 3.90. Positioning the TPS to get anything over 4.0 sets the idle TPS voltage to greater than .50. If I ignore the idle setting and try to position to get the max voltage at WOT I can only get around 4.0 with the foot pedal. I can get 4.2 by operating the throttle by hand, but that is pushing very hard. It's as if the throttle doesn't have enough travel in it to attain the recommended 4.50 or higher volts at WOT.

It doesn't appear to be a TPS issue, as I swapped to a new one with the same results. The roll pin is not bent either.

Gonna get some expert help this weekend, but if anyone else has seen this I would appreciate your thoughts.

The procedure for setting WOT is to loosen both screws and pull the tps all the way forward as far as it will go and snug the two screws Just Enough to hold it in place. Then check the value. If you have a floor mat, pull it back out of the way so you can press the pedal all the way down. If the WOT value is better, and you're happy with it, then to adjust idle value, loosen ONLY the top screw and tap the nose/connector up or down to change the idle value, then re snug and check WOT. You should be better now. Tighten both down.

I think I got it. The small notched washer was binding on the top bolt preventing the TPS from going all the way forward. I got it slid all the way forward, set WOT, then idle. numbers look good.

Thanks guys!