Toyota Truck Stolen, now insurance woes, any help?

acoen

Hey guys, I'm calling on my Grand National bretheren for some needed help and support.

My father's 1986 Toyota, SR5 4x4 was stolen a few weeks ago now the insurance company is turning the screws to my parents. This truck was in extremely rare and wonderful, factory stock condition from the tail pipe to the front bumper. No rust, no problems a California classic. She had original perfect paint, decals wheels etc. The insurance company started with a value of 2500 then to 4000, but this does not even come close to the actual value of the vehicle. My parents will reluctantly agree to 5500, but that will hardly find them a vehicle in similar condition. We sent the insurance company comparible vehicles in the 7k range but they just had "their" appraisal company come back with 4000 saying they can't go higher than that.

Any appraisers out there than can help...Any supporting letters that can come our way? We desparately need the help...These insurance guys are not helping us at all, almost like they aren't working for my parents at all. I know many of you guys have a soft spot for Toyota 4x4s so I thought I would ask for some help...Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 1986 Toyota SR5 4x4.jpg
    1986 Toyota SR5 4x4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 208
LOL!:biggrin: Great truck, funny thing is it felt like all it had was about 88 MPH. These trucks will run forever, but they didn't have enough power to hurt themselves...Good reference...Gotta love that Black 1985

Sorry to hear of your dad's misfortune. Never thought I'd hear a story about a thief stealing a mid 80's Toyota truck, then again they are known to be cancer buckets even in areas outside the rust belt so I guess I could see where someone would have their eye on a rust free example.

Tell them to replace it same truck same condition.That how we came to a agree value on a 93 gmc truck with less than 30,000 miles.

Sorry to hear of your dad's misfortune. Never thought I'd hear a story about a thief stealing a mid 80's Toyota truck, then again they are known to be cancer buckets even in areas outside the rust belt so I guess I could see where someone would have their eye on a rust free example.

Oh boy they do rust...Funny thing is that there is a following for the Japanese built rigs, if it wasn't for the dog gone rust they would last forever. My dads was rust free and nearly perfect in every way....

How many times when I had my GNs did someone ask...That Regal is worth how much?! How fast is it again?! These old trucks are kinda like that...:cool:

NADA lists it as a classic at $2700 so take the money and run. I'm sorry for your dads loss but it really isn't worth that much.

Maybe Nada's view but you can't buy a beat up, rusty Toyota 4x4 for that here. I just sold a 1987 2 wheel drive, with 150k, no power steering, 4 speed trans for 2800...Thanks guys...Aaron

That is my favorite of any Toyota truck ever made.

Sucks it was stolen.

This is why I dont buy FULL COVERAGE on my classics. They NEVER EVER EVER agree with your appraisal.

You WILL lose on this case, you see it as pristine (as a collector) ... they see it as a " 25 year old truck lucky enough to run this long " ---

can't stand insurance people or adjusters

seems like their there to screw you outta anything they can all to save the insurance company a few bucks. makes me want to throw them off a tall building. they weren't having any issues when your dad paid all that money to insure that truck. bet he paid a nice premium on it every year. good luck and hope it works out in your favor.