Towing question

Boosted 86 T

Hey guys i have alittle problem here, im moving from flint mi to phoneix az. I was wondering; do you guys think a 2001 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 could haul a 32 ft trailer there or would it be tough on it. Let me know what you all tihnk about this.

It might get it there, but that's a LOT more trailer than I would pull with a 1500/150. And don't even think of towing it that far with much of a load! :eek:

What does the trailer weigh? You will probably be able to pull it, but your truck is definitely going to struggle. Don't expect to be able to keep up with traffic when you hit any kind of hill. If you are only going to make the trip once, your truck should survive :)

Getting going will be the easy part, be careful when stopping. Make sure the truck has a brake box and the trailer has good brakes that are adjusted well.

Boosted 86 T said:
.......... im moving from flint mi to phoneix az. .............
Good move! Driving weather all year around. May be able you get your money's worth for all the mods :smile:
Be carefull!

I had a 5.3 in my old truck. The damn thing struggled up hills pulling 5K. I think it could do it but it won't be an easy haul.

THanks for all the replys, i dont think i will be doin it with that truck. I might have a friend letting me borrow a 2500 HD. That might do the trick
:D

I had a '02 1500 with a 5.3 and an automatic and a "towing package", I had to pull an empty 20ft enclosed trailor in 3rd gear with the pedal almost to the floor just to run 70mph on flat ground :( ............please go with the HD.

And if it's a bumper pull trailor take the time to use a load-levler/swaybar set-up, because if you don't have the weight distributed correctly, it'll make you pucker up when a big truck passes you and the draft from him pulls you toward him :eek:

And like the prior post said make sure you got the brakes adjusted correctly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck in AZ :cool:
Todd

gotta go duramax, we pul a 22ft trailer with at least 10k on it no problem. you almost cant tell its back there.