Touch screen din and a half?

GetOwnedVette

Is there any option for a sexy touch screen din and a half or is my only option stock radio or go to an ugly ass dash kit single din? Which I refuse to do

Has anyone tweaked a double din in there? Cause there are about 100 double dins I would like.

You can fit a double-din if you are NOT afraid to cut up your dash and and then you must be creative with the overlay and HVAC controls....

You can fit a double-din if you are NOT afraid to cut up your dash and and then you must be creative with the overlay and HVAC controls....

Controls are gone so that's no biggie...I just really like it the way it is visually stock even without the HVAC....wish I didn't have to really modify anything too extensively. I have looked for pics far and wide of double din installs but its basically a custom mount kit with no cig lighter or use of the factory trim piece. And didn't really even see a nice one that was more than a bunch of blank space with a screen.

Yeah to do it right you will have to do it yourself... this is one of my projects too but got side tracked on other stuff.....you WILL love having a double DIN though... and navigation.... just takes time to do things right... i have yet to see an install which i like 100%

aaron

Yeah to do it right you will have to do it yourself... this is one of my projects too but got side tracked on other stuff.....you WILL love having a double DIN though... and navigation.... just takes time to do things right... i have yet to see an install which i like 100%

aaron
I have just modified enough stuff.....I want one thing that BOLTS in or on :p Ohh my bad..I got an HRpartsNstuff driveshaft loop. 1st thing that bolted in in under 10 minutes lol

Initially I was going to mount my color can display for my computer in the stereo space and call it a day but found a better spot to play around with for that. Almost looks factory! Now that I found a spot for that I figured why not bring the car into 2012 with a nice navi/stereo and gauges other than VDO's....yet somehow maintain that sleeper regal look with little flash. Sigh...I'm German which means I spend more time trying to perfect something than actually doing it...it just never gets done lol

9hsvb7.jpg

2ue68sh.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but is ProEFI a standalone engine mgmt. system [like XFI, DFI, etc...] Also what does that LCD display?

aaron

It is. TurboCliff (RIP) was the 1st one to have Sound Performance install one. He then convinced me to do the same thing. :D The ammt of things this LCD displays is absurd. This is the list and their video: http://proefi.com/info/product-list/proefi-can-display/

holy crap!!! that thing is Awesome..... already on my wish list;) - can you tune from that little screen or do you still need a laptop? [please excuse my laziness to read there site]
also does the CPU mount in the "normal" location/s

Let's put it this way....not fun to install lol

Pro-Efi has not made an adapter harness for our cars. There is ONE prototype that Larry at SP needs to test but he needs cliffs car..or mine. You can see the slight dilemma here.

It will definitely not fit in the stock location...I'm sure you could figure out a way...but mine will be in the glovebox. Still need a com cable to tune from your laptop.

I'd just be satisfied to have a decent 1.5 DIN with a true (not analog audio) iPod input and interface.

You can get close by looking at FIERO and Corvette radios from that last century, but I haven't seen one yet that does what I want.