Total Seal rings for street operation - miles??

Walt03

For those folks whose vehicle has Total Seal rings ( 2nd ring gapless), how many street miles did you have on the engine before it needed a new set of rings.
I'm also assuming you take it to the strip about 5 times a year.

Can you get 10,000 street miles from these rings before replacing them.

For those who replaced them, did you go back with Total Seals or something else ( what brand, composition)

Thanks for your input

I had 35k on a set. They arent any different than any other ring from what ive seen. I ran them again after that. 4 times so far and no problems. I blocked the PCV completely every time.

I think the gapless 2nd is old school now. I've used the gapless 2nd with good results, but now have used the gapless top in a few of my own engines, and a few customer's engines now. I'm presently using the thinner metric size for less drag in my latest engine. The difference is very apparent when you turn the engine on the stand. I have coming up on 17 months of hard use on the current engine and recently did a leakdown test. It is still 1 to 2 percent!!! Amazing!

The only down side to using the gapless is the little extra ring gap finishing time needed, especially when filing to fit.