Torque converter???

None of us knows anything about this converter or who manufactures it. One of us does know however that there is no aspect of this converter that can even come close to comparing to a PTC,let alone be better. He has come to this conclusion after receiving the same information that the rest of us have. NONE! We still haven't been told which PTC.

If it helps you at all, I have Dusty's PTC 2800 lock up, mods in my signature and my car has never felt better. I have used a Pat's 10 inch (it was good but the neck developed a leak) gave it to a friend he fixed it and is super happy with it, I had a re-stalled D5 And it was better than stock, I used it because it came free with the car. I replaced it when the Trans took a dump.

That being said full throttle is an amazing vendor, I have many of the products they sell and do not think they would steer you wrong either.

While dealing with Dusty at PTC he answered all my PM's and I never had an issue reaching anyone at full throttle either. Good luck with your choice.

You are here trying to make an educated decision it wouldn't hurt to contact the vendors you mentioned and ask your questions to them. Let us know what you decide.

I recently switched from a PTC converter to a 3021 David Husek converter...I can say the 3021 had less lag,very quick spool than the PTC...I was very impressed

Full Throttle is a great vendor. If you're looking for options I would also contact David Husek or Dusty Bradford on this board as well. Both can build you a converter specific to your build, if you so choose, as well as answer any questions you might have. I bought a 9.5 LU 3021 from Dave for my TA60 (very similar to TA49) for about $500 last year and it worked really, really well.
Damn thats a great price. I am going to talk to David.

Mike, Steve and Marianne are great people and Full Throttle is at the top of my favorite vendors list. I don't think they would steer you wrong. They do the testing and have Buicks. Hell Mike started the forums way back when. So you know they are dedicated to these cars. I have followed them through 3 different businesses. Also they sell the big three in converters so it's not like they would lose the sale.

With that being said Dusty's PTC seems to be on all the heavy hitters and Mike's are extremely new. If you are willing to test them let us all know. I am and am leaning towards buying one to see.

Aaron
Well mines on its way. As soon as I get it installed I'll be sure to let all you know how it is. >@ROYAL... I agree 100% Steve and mike very good people over at Fullthrothal. They took there time to answer all my many annoying questions lol. Fare pricing too they actually work with ya. Unlike other vendors who don't give you a break. But this is just my opinion.

Well mines on its way. As soon as I get it installed I'll be sure to let all you know how it is. >@ROYAL... I agree 100% Steve and mike very good people over at Fullthrothal. They took there time to answer all my many annoying questions lol. Fare pricing too they actually work with ya. Unlike other vendors who don't give you a break. But this is just my opinion.
Good to hear! When I talked to Steve- they had sold out and were waiting on another batch. Keep us posted.
-Aaron

I'll be the 1st to say there is no magic in a lock up converter. You can pretty much buy any of the bigger names....PTC, Vigilante, Edge, Circle-D, Hughes, Coan, 2 different Pro torques etc, and get a quality piece. These are all based on the same parts everyone else uses. I could call Vigilante and tell them what pump, stator and clearances I want and have a converter that performs just like one of my PTC's. The reason PTC has got the rep it's gotten is because of my familiarity with the Buick and it's specific needs. I chose PTC because they have plenty of options from the regular 10" like most buy, then you have the billet lock-up, billet multi-disc lock up and the 9.5 non lock, all for the Buick apps. When I spec a converter I'm trying to balance response(spool up) with efficiency. In some cases you can get a better response with a little sacrifice in efficiency but few people go through the steps to measure it to see where their particular piece stands. There are plenty of converter options out there for anyone to choose what they want. Mike and Dave have sold my converters to their customers and have obviously found something they prefer to sell now which is fine by me.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good to hear! When I talked to Steve- they had sold out and were waiting on another batch. Keep us posted.
-Aaron
Quick question.... How much is a good price for a dutt neck Intercooler? There's one on eBay I might buy but it's already up to 225.00 is that to much?