Torque converter???

Jimmyboost87

I called Fullthrothal... They offer a converter @3000 stall for 599. It's a no name brand?? They said its exclusive to the grand national and it's better than there PTC brand, built better I guess. Does anyone know anything about it or how it preforms? I currently have a stock converter with a TA49. I will be upgrading the turbo in the future

I called Fullthrothal... They offer a converter @3000 stall for 599. It's a no name brand?? They said its exclusive to the grand national and it's better than there PTC brand, built better I guess. Does anyone know anything about it or how it preforms? I currently have a stock converter with a TA49. I will be upgrading the turbo in the future

Cannot speak for the no name converter, however 2800-3000 stall is what you want for a TA49

Full Throttle is a great vendor. If you're looking for options I would also contact David Husek or Dusty Bradford on this board as well. Both can build you a converter specific to your build, if you so choose, as well as answer any questions you might have. I bought a 9.5 LU 3021 from Dave for my TA60 (very similar to TA49) for about $500 last year and it worked really, really well.

You need to also be aware of another thing. People rate converters differently, One company might have a 2800 stall at 0 boost. Another company might have a 3200-3400 stall that was rated at about 5 or so pounds of boost. In my opinion I would call both of them 2800's the different stall numbers come from how they rate them. Dusty Bradford is here on the boards, he can get you what you need. I would personally go for a 2800 PTC, that alone should make your car feel differently.

Mike, Steve and Marianne are great people and Full Throttle is at the top of my favorite vendors list. I don't think they would steer you wrong. They do the testing and have Buicks. Hell Mike started the forums way back when. So you know they are dedicated to these cars. I have followed them through 3 different businesses. Also they sell the big three in converters so it's not like they would lose the sale.

With that being said Dusty's PTC seems to be on all the heavy hitters and Mike's are extremely new. If you are willing to test them let us all know. I am and am leaning towards buying one to see.

Aaron

^^^X2. I think the performance of the 10" PTC can be matched or exceeded depending on who you talk to but their full boogie 9.5 different story...

Can you imagine a scenario where there might be some aspect of the no name that could,at most, be equal to the PTC? Which PTC are we comparing it to?
I wouldn't have a problem doing a caomparence with 9x11 or no name

I got a slip with a 9x11 I will compare times with ptc

I just changed from a real Art Carr to PTC and am amazed at the improvement. There is much to be said for getting the right TC matched for your combo. My thumbs up to Dusty!!

1. 3

2. lmao @ better than PTC converter !!!!
    Can you imagine a scenario where there might be some aspect of the no name that could,at most, be equal to the PTC? Which PTC are we comparing it to?
    cute prove it !

4. Ttype6, Yesterday at 10:47 PM

5. Reply

1. 626gnWell-Known Member
    Rating - 100%
    1 0 0
    Add Feedback

^^^X2. I think the performance of the 10" PTC can be matched or exceeded depending on who you talk to but their full boogie 9.5 different story...