Torque Converter

TurboV6Olds

Hello to everyone,

I have a 3200 stall Art Carr lock up converter that I installed about 700 miles ago. I have a stage II w/ trans brake from Lonnie that that has been in the car for the same amount of time as the converter. I had a problem with the tranny and Lonnie (ONE HELL OF A GUY) repaired no questions asked and shipped back to me. I installed the tranny yesterday and I seem to be having a problem with the converter. I shifted the tranny into every gear and everything seems great but when I put the car in neutral or park and rev the engine to around 2000 rpm it sounds like the car has a timing gear. As soon as the car idles back down the sound goes away. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

What shifter are you using? The reason I ask is that aftermarket shifter cables are a pain to get set right and if it is off at all you are in between gears. Even the factory cable has some adjustment. Call Lonnie and ask, he is awesome to deal with. Just a thought, good luck.

Bryan

Using stock shifter. I have used the same shifter and after market cable without any issues. Thanks for the input. I have e mailed Lonnie and I'm sure I will hear from him soon. Thanks again, Rick

Talked to Lonnie this evening and everything may be OK. I'll drive and let everyone know!!

Thanks, Rick

Drove car today and everything is great!! The sound is coming from the pump in the tranny which should go away after a few heat cycles. Just wanted to let everyone know in case someone else encounters the same issue.