Torque converter opinion?

Who restalls our converters ? Thanks for any information... Mike

+1 On this!

I can have your converter restalled. I would do some research if you are going to have the stock converter restalled locally. I have seen some terrible restalls that will stall 2800 at 5#, but the motor will push right thru it. Not what you want. The stock style converter I mentioned in my first post I have been selling since 1992 and it has a proven track record. It is the best higher stall stock converter I have come across. Contact me if you need any more info....

Like Dave said. Don't send it to just anyone for a restall. I have seen some called a 2800 stall 12" that will stall well but is terribly inefficient in high gear due to having to lay the fins back to get the higher stall. This is not what you want to do. A 12" converter can be made to stall about 2200 at 1psi and still work well with something like a TE-44 or TA-49. To get something to work with anything larger, it's time to step into a 9.5 or 10" where the true stall is closer to 3000.

Like Dave said. Don't send it to just anyone for a restall. I have seen some called a 2800 stall 12" that will stall well but is terribly inefficient in high gear due to having to lay the fins back to get the higher stall. This is not what you want to do. A 12" converter can be made to stall about 2200 at 1psi and still work well with something like a TE-44 or TA-49. To get something to work with anything larger, it's time to step into a 9.5 or 10" where the true stall is closer to 3000.

Dusty is correct
Dont send it to just anyone
Do your research .make sure the seller is the builder . For best results. That is a must
Dont go by what people say
Let experience and a proven track record do the talking for u !!
Over 45yrs of his experience
And 100 or so customer and personal
Converters ive used and installed
Never a problem !!
Just an option

After a long conversation with Dave I have figured out that the first gear clutches are slipping. I am going to keep the original converter in there for now. After my savings account recovers from building the new garage and a lift I will invest in a better converter.