Top speed

turbobob924

Ok guys
Our buick motors are not high RPM machines

What top speeds at at what RPM is out the using the 200r4 trans?

Stock heads done at 5500 even with roller cam

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've done 140 with my th400 . Anything above 120 is pretty scary imo

145 in 3rd as part of a partial hit over 6200rpm. Enough power to push it to 200+mph if the chassis and engine block could handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They shall remain nameless, but I've seen the gps recorded top speed of 159 mph of a tfw member. I called bs until they turned on their gps. Think there's a picture in the Polzin love thread somewhere.

Edit: found it. This was after the 11 power tour and there was a hot air right on his ass the entire pull. Then he blew a head gasket.

IMG_5012.PNG

Last edited:
The stock chip limits the speed to 124.8 mph (supposedly due to the speed rating of the tires).
Back in the early 90's I installed the ATR pitbull street chip which raised the top speed to 200 mph and I installed the ATR digital dash upgrade chip, the fastest I've seen on the digital dash was 151 mph at 20 psi with 110 octane turbo blue racing fuel.
It was a little bit floaty even with Big A gas truck shocks (before I got bilsteins), ATR performance springs and huge sway bars.

I've always liked auto x and road racing so I set the car up this way early on even before pro touring was a thing.
I wouldn't say my car is a pro touring car, maybe an amateur touring car. Lol

Last edited: