Top driving annoyances

I have a lot of the same annoyances as above.
Plus I hate driving in a pack of cars. I was on a highway not too long ago and got into this pack of cars that were all doing decent amount over the speed limit. I'd pass a few of them, then some would pass me. This happened over and over again until I had enough. I found a clear path and mashed the gas pulled away from the pack like a bat out of hell. I didn't let up until they were about 1 mile behind me and I was all alone on the road.

Mine is people who put on their hazard lights when it's raining. Come on people, just turn on your headlights & we can all see you. Hazard lights are not meant for that. Many drivers use hazard lights wrongly, switching them on to show other drivers that road conditions are hazardous. Most do this because the drivers ahead are doing it. This is a mistake, because hazard lights can be very distracting and cause glare that limits your vision and confuses drivers ahead and behind you. Only use hazard lights to warn other drivers that your vehicle is, or is about to become, a road hazard – engine is overheating, brakes are faulty, or your wipers are defective – and that you are slowing down to stop. You should also use it when you are in an emergency – feeling sick or rushing someone to a hospital – or when the car ahead of you has an accident and you want to warn other cars behind you. Otherwise, don’t add to the confusion.

Mine is people who put on their hazard lights when it's raining. Come on people, just turn on your headlights & we can all see you. Hazard lights are not meant for that. Many drivers use hazard lights wrongly, switching them on to show other drivers that road conditions are hazardous. Most do this because the drivers ahead are doing it. This is a mistake, because hazard lights can be very distracting and cause glare that limits your vision and confuses drivers ahead and behind you. Only use hazard lights to warn other drivers that your vehicle is, or is about to become, a road hazard – engine is overheating, brakes are faulty, or your wipers are defective – and that you are slowing down to stop. You should also use it when you are in an emergency – feeling sick or rushing someone to a hospital – or when the car ahead of you has an accident and you want to warn other cars behind you. Otherwise, don’t add to the confusion.

I am seeing more and more of this too in NC. Irritating

.....drivers that slow down when they see a cop. They're driving the speed limit and automatically slow down for some reason.:rolleyes:

.....left lane travellers on 2 or 3 lane highways. Keep right, pass left.

.....drivers that don't switch their headlights on in heavy rain or white-out snow. Just because you can see fine doesn't mean I can see you.

.....My biggest gripe is drivers that text/play with their iPhone while driving.

Women

Kids

Ricers

Mass. drivers, worst know nothing drivers on the planet. :eek: :p

And all of the above posts. ;)

Not necessarily in that order, excepting the women, especially the 5 that hit me and salvageV6, of course. :(

If it is very foggy or if it is raining very hard, I will turn on my hazzard flashers so no one will pack me in my azz. I want to make sure I'm seen, I'm not trying to annoy you. Sorry, I'll try not to do that when you are passing thru Virginia, OK? :tongue:

drivers that slow down when they see a cop. They're driving the speed limit and automatically slow down for some reason.:rolleyes:

God I hate these people too!

I don't slow down for cops unless i'm speeding.

If the limit is 65 and a trooper is in the center lane doing 65 i go by him on his left at 70 all the time. I've never been pulled over.

If it is very foggy or if it is raining very hard, I will turn on my hazzard flashers so no one will pack me in my azz. I want to make sure I'm seen, I'm not trying to annoy you. Sorry, I'll try not to do that when you are passing thru Virginia, OK? :tongue:

Yeah, thanks. but I can see you with your headlights on:D Hazards aren't going to ensure that you don't get rear ended. That just means that the person behind you has a clearer shot at you:eek:

Mostly people who drive in the left lane the same speed as traffic in the right lane.
Then there's the guy who has to get to the head of the line. Cutting in and out of traffic and flying as if he's more important than the rest.
As a humorous note, I've noticed people in Conn have to pass you. It makes no difference how fast you are going they have to pass you then slow back down. Wierd. :confused:

Mostly people who drive in the left lane the same speed as traffic in the right lane.
Then there's the guy who has to get to the head of the line. Cutting in and out of traffic and flying as if he's more important than the rest.
As a humorous note, I've noticed people in Conn have to pass you. It makes no difference how fast you are going they have to pass you then slow back down. Wierd. :confused:

Not all of us slow down but we do have to pass you.:biggrin:

When your driving a truck with a trailer and some total dumbass passes you on the right, then stands on the brakes to make a left turn 200 ft later, with oncoming traffic. Yesterday I was in a one ton diesel with a 15,000 lb trailer. The stupid b*tch is in an Audi TT, who's gonna win? I've got 13 tons of rolling whoopass, get the f outa the way. I shoulda never hit the brakes and said I didn't see her.

Also people who don't pay attention. Had a lady stop in front of me at a green light today. I laid on the horn for a solid 8 seconds, and she finally went.

Oh and 99.9% of NC drivers- first in flight, last in drivers education.

- People driving in a lane that says "Exit Only" for over 1/2 miles then at the last minute, drive through the zebra stripes and cut you off. WTF ?????

- Slowing down when they see a trooper stopped on the other side ofa divided highway. WTF?????

- You're driving in the center lane, you come up to a slower driver and you begin to pass him on left, as you're passing they speed up. WTF????

- When towing a trailer, they cut you off and slam on the brakes. WTF????

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

People with big trucks (duallys, kingcab, 4x4, etc etc) that get cocky with "Im bigger theyll move" attitude. Here in the dirty its waaaay common. Guys get these trucks drive like they own the road.

Lord help you flash your lights at them while you approach cause they are doing 67 in a 70 in the left flipping lane doing going slow on the interstate.

Its a game to them then ..theyll stand in the brakes, wait until you put your blinker on to pass them on teh right and theyll swerve over, etc etc

Wife says the guys with the big jacked up trucks are lacking in the meat department:eek:...LOL

Oh yeah if you are in the left lane poking along and should be in the right lane (in any motor vehicle) and not passing someone on the interstate and someone flashes there headlights at you as they approach (not tailgating) it means GTH outta the way!!!

Another is push the gas pedal down and go a little faster then the .5 mph difference when passing someone cause your holding up traffic.

circles and roundabouts........

slowpokes who speed up when you try to pass them....other day I had cruise
control on 55, came up on someone going much slower...when I tried to pass they sped up. I had to go 88 to pass them! Once I passed them I went back to 55 cruise control and they fell way back.

My girlfriends brother is like that, he is a slowpoke driver but if you try to pass he will go 90 in a 30 just so you can't pass him. Doesn't matter to me, my GN will be at 90 before his car is at 50 but I'm sure it pi**es other people off. I asked him why he does this, he didn't know!?

i agree with all the above..oh yeah add this

people who pass you at 45-50 in a 25 zone in city traffic just because the lights are all timed that by the time you've reached there at 20-25mph, its green....(Salem Oregon...NOTORIOUS for this...) but because some dimwit had to blast past, and the slam on the brake after getting back in YOUR lane...augh annoying. most of the downtown Salem streets are 3 lane wide 1 ways with timed lights....IE, at one street, it goes green, then 10-20, maybe 30 seconds later, the next street goes green, and so forth for 6 blocks until you get to the last street in the one-ways which is ALWAYS either turning red, or already red.

another annoyance; Lancaster Drive, Salem Oregon at any time of the day. the lights aren't timed, and the speed limit is supposedly 35, and on most of it, its 35mph zone, but because half the population of Salem happens to use it everyday, its more like 5mph and god help you if you're on it at say, 2pm-2am because everyone JUST HAVE to pile into the road....doesnt help that the community college is on it, and that the Lancaster mall is a mile away, and that we have alot of ethic places and taverns/bars/lottery/delis (we have "Little Tijuana" on the northern side...I dont know the rest..)
on the other hand, its not as bad as downtown Portland around the nest of bridges.....

Driving with fog lamps on when it isn't foggy.

Xenon headlights

Piggybacking through a stop sign

People who wave for others drivers to go at a stop and that just messes up the order for people to get through

People that pull right out in front of you , that you almost hit them . And then they go 15 mph below the speed limit.

Tail gating idiots.... Who are on your tailpipe when you're doing 5-10 over the limit already. If you are driving on back roads, and 5-10 over isn't gonna get you to work on time, shoulda left earlier you moron!

People who assume that since I drive a Buick, I'm automatically going to hold up their journey down this road, so they feel compelled to run me off the road or pull out in front of me. Then I'm the one hogging their rearview mirror when they are slowing down for the tight corners and now they are in MY way since I take those corners at speed!

People who wont pass trucks. Going 20. Uphill. With plenty of room to spare. A couple weeks ago headed to work (which is a lot of up and down hills), I'm following 4 cars following a milk truck. Guy in the truck is doing 20 going uphill, and the first car behind him is giving him a freaking mile-long gap. Fine if you dont have any balls to pass, but let the rest of us have a go. At some later point, still following said truck, about 3 of us pulled out and passed the first guy behind the truck, and the truck, and the guy in the first car had the nerve to flip me off, then get in behind me and ride my tail. ("Oh, so now you find the go pedal?")

When I could turn right on red, but the guy in the left turn lane keeps pulling out further ahead of you (the inching forward hoping to turn the light green guy), and you can't see anything coming in his direction. Then the guy behind you in the right turn lane starts honking at you for not going. :mad:

Cops who don't follow traffic rules. :eek:
Where I work, there is a McDonalds up the road in the plaza, where traffic is so bad, that flow is blocked from turning across traffic in or out of the lot. Its just that dangerous. You have to go across the lot to the light coming out of the shopping center to go the other direction across traffic.
So, I'm headed home from work sitting in the McDonalds lot, and see a sheriff's van make an illegal left turn across traffic into this parking lot, nearly cutting off a car headed north in the process. They just couldn't wait for their big mac and go up to the traffic light like the rest of civilization. I watch them approach, they look up at the line to turn into the plaza building up at the light. Then they make the beeline illegal left at the last second to avoid the wait. So since you're a sheriff, you are allowed to cut through traffic and cut cars off to get to the drive thru before everyone else? :mad:

And last but certainly not least.. people who wont contain their farm animals or pets. I nearly hit a puppy on the way into work yesterday. no leash, outside of town on a back road. Further up the same road, I nearly put my car in the ditch to avoid their dog laying out in the middle of the road about a week earlier. Deer are one thing. Going in as early as I do, I try to be careful. Watching for them is bad enough. But please, keep your pets inside or contained somehow. I don't want me killing your 6 month old puppy on my conscience. We have a fence around our yard to keep our dog in, so should you. Just because you're outside town limits doesn't mean jack. So we have a leash law in town, that means you can let fido and his friends play ball in the middle of a major highway because you aren't "in town"?
I had that on my mind all day at work how bad I would have felt if I had hit that poor guy. Careless idiots.