Top 10 most useless modifications

Originally posted by b231v6
I'll agree with the boost-a-spark, but I like the boost-a-pump. I had a hot wire kit and gave that away. Kinda useless in my opinion. I get 17 volts at just the pump if I want it,not just a tenth a volt,If that. I'll also vote for the enclosed ram air. Leave the filter box off.

Same here, just had my fuel pump go out, dropped the tank it was the original AC pump! and I was still getting rich readings with it:eek:

Hey that E bay fake blower thing would be pretty funny on a beat up car with a really fast motor in it .

Any gear changes in rear. Amazing that there was a gm car that always came with the correct gear and posi.

are we forgetting the ever so popular big ugly K&N filter stretching across a smoldering hot engine compartment?
Or the Poston billet stock turbo intake bell?

Atr cold air box?

I have an ATR cold air box with the enclosed K&N filter in it and it works great. I have heard some say there was a controversy over weather it worked well or not but I say it looks alot better than an exposed filter in the engine compartment and way better than the stock air box. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
.... and how about those KB chips with a ton of timing for pump gas....

I know I will get alot of **** for saying this, But Actually the higher timming chips worked for me back in the day.. The best my old 86gn ran was with an old ATR pitbull chip at 20psi was a 11.98 @ 118.. The car was mostly stock with a TE-44. 009's , and all the little crap..

Matt:cool:

Originally posted by UNGN
A dump pipe is a great mod. A "Useless mod" is a "fender well dump" that cuts a hole in the irreplaceable pasenger side fender well (for a couple tenths vs. a stock elbow).

It's one of those mods that your buddy runs up to you and says "look what I did!!!" all proud of his accomplishment and you mumble "dumbass" and go :rolleyes:

The fenderwell dump is an awsome performance up grade, i used to run one in the mid 90s.
If i showed up with it on to street race my friend he would get pi''ssed off............cause he knew what was going to happen! :D
With it off he would beat me in a race.

Originally posted by ThikStik
Any gear changes in rear. Amazing that there was a gm car that always came with the correct gear and posi.

I actually dislike the 3.42 gears.........to each his own!

i've got a new one. orange stripe conveters.

it helped me a LITTLE BIT on the street, and almost nothing at the track, i never really get a consistant 60' but from what i'm seeing it helped me about 1/2 a tenth. and about 1/10th in the 1/4. thats not all that bad but put on a good 2800 stall converter and you should get much more than that out of it.

I actually dislike the 3.42 gears.........to each his own!

One thing for sure,using those 3:70's is also easier on the poor old transmission.

How about the "slow to react" right foot. I wish I had never added that to my car. It just kills my reaction times and I've never been able to recover. :(