tool part number?

plcguru

Hi,
I'm looking for a used H-guage to help in my 200-4r rebuild but don't know the GM or KentMoore part number to search for. Anybody know it??
Thanks!
hgauge.gif

I have all data but didn't see any tools in there that looked like the one you posted. I'm not a tranny builder so if you tell me what it is used for I might be able to fing the part# for you.

me either... It's my first tranny build so I'm sure I'll be back with more newbie type questions.

It's used to help select the correct plastic thrust washer when setting the end play.

Looking in the 2004r ATSG manual on page 67 it shows a different procedure. I watched a 2004r rebuild training video and they show a way using the h-gauge that seems simple... so I thought I'd go that route but I hate to spend ~$70 for the tool when I can probably find a cheap used one on ebay like I did the other tools I need for the job.

Looking online I see it also seems to be used for 700R4 and Ford type tranny's too.
thanks

HI Chris,
Your manual was actually my first purchase to see the job difficulty before making the decision to tackle the job. It's a great book!!! I see the procedure on page 139 but i don't have a tall stand for the dial indicator. Guess I can make one though...

I also have a lot of your other parts.
Currently waiting on shipment of your newly modified separator plate and spring.

Incidentally, the master rebuild kit I bought from you didn't include any of these thrust washers just the 15 front end play washers. Should it have included these as well?

Thanks!

Hi craggar,

Thanks, but wrong end play. Sorry for not being clearer. That's checking the forward clutch shaft end play. I need a tool for checking the overdrive unit end play.
Thanks!