Took the Malibu on the last Test N Tune of this year.

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
I went to the dragstrip on the last test n tune of this year. I didn't do my best ever time but it was near. The boost level is 5 to 6psi LOWER then when I run simular times years ago with ported iron heads!

Here's a video of the car doing a 1.52, 6.69 at 104 in the 8th mile. This was at 25psi of boost. At the 2-3 shift the engine hit the rev limiter. You can also hear the engine bog after it recovered. :roll: I've got to rework my transmission governor so it will shift sooner because I think on this pass it would've been a 6.50's at 106. 30psi of boost may get me into the 9's in the quarter mile!

Oh yeah, my Dakota Digital gauges also records 0-60mph times. It said 2.5 seconds!

http://www.turbomalibu.com/videos/669@104.WMV

Before I put on the rear anti-roll bar...the car would twist very bad on launch. Below are some pictures of when it had the factory rear bar and after with the "real" bar! You can see in the video that the H&R PartsStuff rear bar totally eliminated the twist and planted the rear tires upon launch!

Before
tilt.jpg

After
swaybarHRPartsStuff.jpg

That was about 11-12psi launch. Usually, I can't get that off the foot brake but that night it was doing good.

Looking good. Sorry I did not get to meet you Saturday, I have always been impressed with your car. If I had seen your car when we were leaving I would of hunted you down. I really had to get back to study for finals though. My dad and I were in the F-Bodys running with the Buicks, hope to have my GN running soon. I will catch you next time around.

So you decided to do some your test n tune closer to home, and not at the ROCK. You know I could have went back to Lumberton and got the truck and trailer, if it broke. LOL!!!!!!

Alonzo

Hey Vernon, you told me how much work it was to convert the Bu to turbo Buick power so how much do you think it would be to turn my 89 T/A into a blown monster? I'm sure it would be easier but how much easier? The 350 isn't even close to the GN's power level. Seems to me it's just a swap of the engine, wiring harness, motor mounts, and hooking up the computer and gauges. I also know there would be some exhaust work needed. That close? Would the stock fuel pump work? I'm thinking of doing a swap down the line, maybe a few years from now.