Too much octane cause a misfire?

I just had a chance to change my coil pack and control module to see if it would cure this stinking %^& god ^&* stupid ^&*() misfire!!! And it appears that it did. I thought I had cured this one other time as well however it seems that what the issue turned out to be was my coil or module acting up when it was hot. I'll need more road time to make sure that it is cured but I just drove it for about 25 minutes making several full throttle passes and no hint of a misfire. In fact it was the first time I had ever gotten the car to show 18lbs of boost on the gauge...:D I hope this is the end of the misfire blues for this darn car....next stop race chip. :cool:

Ormand and chevyII, I'm sure we can all post links to reputable pages all day long supporting our beliefs. The trick is to sort through them and figure out what's right. For instance, fact 4 on the 76 page compared oxygenated fuel to race gas. I personaly have experianced oxygenated fuel in my 87 and I can tell you for a fact, it's crap! However, some of the other info on that 76 page (even though I'm leary of company sponsored research, prefer the independant) was informative. Perhaps if we're to continue this discusion, and I thing we could all learn something if we did, we should get our own thread. After re-reading this post it almost seems like we're hijacking it from BlownZ. :eek: And I know i wouldn't want someone to do that to me.:) Just a thought.

Thanks Black :D It appears to be official...my misfire is cured....again. :p I took the car out tonight and drove it for approximately an hour in stop and go traffic and then flogged it with 3-4 high boost runs and no misfire at all...not even a hint of one.

It took me 3 different parts stores to find a control module that didn't look like it had been dragged around on the ground and have greasy fingerprints all over it etc. These modules seem to have a poor track record as it is without it being someone elses diagnostic tool.

The best news is that it looks like it's time for a race chip and 25lbs of boost!!! Let's see if this thing will really sing! Thanks to all that offered advice or opinions...whether they were good or bad. :eek: