Too much clutch material in trans pan?

BuickMike

Money pit
What do you all think? See attached pics. 2-3 shift seems a hair sloppy so I'm guessing this is it. It sucks because I think I have all of 10k on the reans since rebuild.

IMG_20171225_171935065.jpg

Let me know when you need it done right Mike, we have done a few hundreds of them over the years.

Have a good New Year!

Once the dreaded 2-3 flare starts, its downhill from there. You could probably drive it normally for hundreds or thousands of miles from this point but every single wot shift it will get worse from here. So do your trans guy a favor and drive it easy until you can get it fixed and don't burn the thing to a crisp.

Put fresh fluid in it and SEND IT..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ooh this is interesting. I have the car on the lift and just noticed the TV cable sheathing is busted off by the trans. The cable is binding bad. Maybe it's stretching and not pulling tight enough on the shifts. Not sure if it's worth it to replace the cable, fluid, and see what happens.

Ooh this is interesting. I have the car on the lift and just noticed the TV cable sheathing is busted off by the trans. The cable is binding bad. Maybe it's stretching and not pulling tight enough on the shifts. Not sure if it's worth it to replace the cable, fluid, and see what happens.

You need to replace the cable for sure, so replace it and the fluid and like you said - see what happens?

Worth a try I'd say. You'll at least be able to drive it around even if it flares on the 2-3 under hard accel.

You need to replace the cable for sure, so replace it and the fluid and like you said - see what happens?

Thanks for taking my call today Nick. After I got off the phone with you, I was going to start to disassemble things and that's when I noticed the cable. I'll order one up from highway stars, put it back together, and go Dex vi. I'll report back.

Well.....I got a good cable from Nick yesterday and decided to throw the car back together today and see what happens. Unfortunately even though part throttle shifts are nice and crisp, the WOT 2-3 is still sloppy. I have too many other projects to deal with right now, so the GN will get used solely for cruising to car shows for the next couple months and I'll pull the trans this summer when it is too hot to drive it.