Tony Dequick CAS intercooler dimensions.

Grand_87_national

I lika... do da cha cha.
Anyone familiar with these? I thought they were all black, but there's one for sale locally that is bare aluminum. Core is 24 X 13 X 4 (30" wide with tanks). This fella is very trustworthy, so I do not doubt it is exactly what he says it is... just doing a little research. Anyone know what version those dimensions match.... I believe V1-3 were fmic and V4 was a slic. Seems like these intercoolers have a good rep. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_9572.jpg
    IMG_9572.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 200
I've had a V2 and V1.

The V1 CORE ITSELF was about 16" height by 27" wide by 3.5" thick. The V2 core was like was 12 or 13" tall by roughly about 23-24" wide by about 3" thick.

I've had a V2 and V1.

The V1 CORE ITSELF was about 16" height by 27" wide by 3.5" thick. The V2 core was like was 12 or 13" tall by roughly about 23-24" wide by about 3" thick.

That's helpful info... thanks! He says it's 4" deep, but the other dimensions he gave, line up with a V2. I'm gonna get it either way, these seem to be some of the more sought-after coolers ever made for a Buick/ TTA.

They stirred up the pot with the competition back in the day.
Now, most intercoolers are direct copies of the CAS model.
Cotton used to sell the CAS unit until he decided to copy it and sell his version.
Now they all look like the CAS version.

Somewhere around '97, PTE's intercooler was priced at $1200 at the Nationals.
We set up right next to Harry and put out the V2 for $799...
Harry dropped his down to $799 to match it. How could he drop $400 off the price?? :)
The rest was history...

The other issue is where the cores are coming from. Tony used to work at Modine and used to get cores from there.
Now they come from China..

They stirred up the pot with the competition back in the day.
Now, most intercoolers are direct copies of the CAS model.
Cotton used to sell the CAS unit until he decided to copy it and sell his version.
Now they all look like the CAS version.

Somewhere around '97, PTE's intercooler was priced at $1200 at the Nationals.
We set up right next to Harry and put out the V2 for $799...
Harry dropped his down to $799 to match it. How could he drop $400 off the price?? :)
The rest was history...

The other issue is where the cores are coming from. Tony used to work at Modine and used to get cores from there.
Now they come from China..

Thanks for the history lesson!