To much black

to much black

• Stick with the plan Go all black

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • To much black add some color

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
Well, like it was said above, its your car and do it how YOU like it. I think the black looks bad a$$! Very good choice in my opintion, it is looking real good!

Ronnie, nice work!

Well did a test run on polishing the fins I liked it a lot so I did all of them here is a shot of one valve cover polished and one not. Ill take picks of all of it tomarrow for you guys to see.
IMG_1538.jpg

Fin polish and stuff

Much better IMO.
Get the RJC gray wires. I had the red MSD wires and the length was wrong.
You can get black silicone hoses from frozenboost.com

I have black lacquer pipes/exhaust cover with the stainless clamps and it looks great.

I just finish putting my engine back together.I decided to go with the black and polish valve covers also,black and grey spark plug wires,and all black intake

Attachments

• DSCN3034.jpg
    DSCN3034.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN3033.jpg
    DSCN3033.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN3035.jpg
    DSCN3035.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 334
Damn Earl that's the first time I've seen all black done like that and I kinda like it. You just won't be able to find your engine when you pop your hood at night!:D

I just put chrome on mine so I don't have to polish anything aluminum. I used silver paint for the valve covers and intake and then cut out some plastic mirrored chrome strips and put them in the valve cover fins.

With chrome, all you have to do is spray some windex on it and wipe it clean.

DSCF9876.JPG

ramon6795, Looks nice I thought about going to polished pipes too for a while.
Don Im hoping I will only have to pop the hood now to show it off.
Turbo1dr I seen yours in the engine pics after Ronnie told me about it and thought about asking you what you used but then I figured this is the only thing not black that i will have to polish so it wont be to bad when I clean it.
Im still thinking of adding braided tainless hoses or the slip over covers with red fittings just dont know if I will like it.

One last pic for you guys.Now I just need to decied if adding braided tainless hoses or the slip over covers with red fittings will look good I just dont know if I will like it.

IMG_1545.jpg

If you go to a Pick and Pull get a valve cover from a front wheel drive car and another chrome valve cover breather. I have a PIC. It will look better and you will get rid of the front breather. Just a thought. Your set up is way cool though.

Turbo1 where did you get the chrome I need something like that for another project

Attachments

• valve cover.jpg
    valve cover.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 246
A few of mine

I went Metallic Black and clearcoat on everything. Turbo compressor housing, Turbo shield, Plenum, Intercooler, brackets, and valve covers. I machined a few fins off the valve covers and added the BUICK emblems. I went Metallic Silver and clearcoat on up-pipe, MAF pipe, Radiator pipe and alt fan. Downpipe was Jet Hot and then polished. It looks way better then it used to. Added a Buick Motorsports intercooler plate and a coil plate (not in pics) to finish it off with a touch of color. I also replaced all hardware with stainless.Pics are not very well lit.

:biggrin:

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 254
  • GN2.jpg
    GN2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 256
  • GN3.jpg
    GN3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 249