To much black

to much black

• Stick with the plan Go all black

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • To much black add some color

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
Stay BLACK. I am doing the samething as we speak. I am driving to the powdercoaters as soon as the FedEX guy gets here. I am going metallic black on all engine parts, plenum, valve covers, turbo shield, alternator, alt/turbo/intercooler brackets, and intercooler. I am going satin black on radiator top cover, powersteering bracket, and a few cover plates I made, but I am going with a silver that matches the seat color on all the tubing, like up-pipe, MAF pipe, solid rad hose, and jet hot on downpipe. Alt fan will be silver also. Then I replaced all the bolts with stainless. I'll post pics when done.

I hate polishing. If you want to polish, come on over and polish my 409.

Stay black
Coach

Attachments

• DSC00325.jpg
    DSC00325.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 991
  • DSC00329.jpg
    DSC00329.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 950
OP does the car run good? Who care what it looks like as long as it runs ;). The only thing I would do is get shorter wires :p, they are a little long. Other than that, clean it up and let it eat.

I like it with the red wires and connectors. Shorten the wires and leave it. Is that a FRAM oil filter?????????? Peace, Mike D.

I love that 409. I would love to build something like that for my firebird. I have replaced most the bolts with stainless Allen head bolts. I think the black will stay cleaner longer hide the oil when it starts to show up I’ve also hid most the wiring and I’m working on hiding vacuum lines now . I dated a girl in high school that drove a blue Shelby. Yes it’s a fram maybe that is what blew the engine. It ran good up until the engine blew I hope it runs good again soon. It’s got a stock rebuild on it now with ARP studs and some mild head porting nothing crazy. My stock cam was a little worn so I went with a 206/206. I never plan on going faster than mid 11s so I didn’t do anything else to it. This is the car I drive to shows. I just like to show it off and have always thought they were too busy under the hood so while the engine is out thought I would change some things to give it a cleaner look. I know you cant tell by the picks but normally its super clean under the hood these pics were taken before I took the engine out for reference and it had just blown up and had coolant all over it.

I'm adding black to mine as well, I'm not going out of my way to get every nut and bolt black but most of it will be. I've had chrome and color on my 72 Chevelle and 68 Camaro...both were black. Now I want to do a black motor with the car.

Got some parts back from getting powder coated by Ronnie thought i would share them with you guys. I still need to polish the fins on the valve covers and plenum or maybe Ill leave them alone I dont know yet but here it is all black . I need to change out the fuel reg it dosnt look good needs to be red or polished not blue.
IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

hello people; I'd suggest to take the paint off the high lines. Like on the valve covers and the top area of the intake. Like on that shelby motor.
I think that would be it. And maybe some SS HW.
IBBY

I like the all black, but it does need some contrast as jlat suggests. I really think aluminum fins on black valve covers would look sharp. The fins on the dog house also need to be aluminum.

Here is what they would look like with blue

Attachments

• Valve covers.jpg
    Valve covers.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 731
I like the all black, but it does need some contrast as jlat suggests. I really think aluminum fins on black valve covers would look sharp. The fins on the dog house also need to be aluminum.

Ditto!! Then add the stainless hardware and clamps. The black hoses and wires Grumpy suggested .Oh and a black or silver fuel pressure regulator too.

The black looks really nice. However, I wonder how you would be able to see fi there were any leaks with all that shiney black everywhere... I think I'd want to be able to see if there's an issue with a quick glance...

Nevertheless, it will look great!

I think Im going to go and polish the fins and the fuel reg. I also want to add RGC pulies one of these days and stainles hoses. Im suprized no one asked about me not having a vacume block any more.
For now the red wires and houses will have to stay I have other parts that I need to buy but maybe next year Ill change it all to black.

Earl,

You should have said something, I could have wiped the fins to leave the alumn. look on the edges...:cool:

I wanted to see what they looked like all black first I can always take it off .