Tired of Stupid Celebrities

I agree that a piece of paper on the wall doesn't make you intelligent, and the lack of it doesn't mean you're uneducated. I know lots of people with degrees that are morons or have received no practical knowledge that helps them in their profession. Can't beat on-the-job training. ;) I think the idea was to show a stark contrast between the daily and incredibly informed officials with the facts (and exceptional credentials), who actually deal with this stuff 24/7 vs. the actors who seem to think they know better when they're in-between filming sessions. And try to come off as being more knowledgeable to the public. That's not all actors, just these that make themselves stand out. Not saying I know more than they do either, but I'm not on TV trying to stand out as being an expert either. If they don't like it, they can show it in the next election. That's when the people are all equal and can voice their opinion of the President in the form of a ballot. Unless they're from FL. :p ;) :D j/k
Protest if you have to, have a voice, but don't try to BS people into accepting you as an authority when you aren't.

I love lburou's quote:
"An expert quoted out of their field is no longer an expert"

That is all true about the working world. I agree. And I don't think the actors are stupid just because they don't have a degree. I think they are stupid because they are calling the president of our country stupid when he is the one who has unlimited resources and info available to him that we can only dream of ever knowing. If anyone ever wants to know what the president really know needs to read this book. Eisenhowser planned the D-day attack on Normandy and later became president. Read it see what info is available to the people making our decisions and this was 60 years ago. With the technology available to the president now imagine what info he has. So anyone who calls him stupid because of what the see on CNN is the stupid one.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_3/102-4266417-3084953?v=glance&s=books

Originally posted by GNX
First off, let me say that no way do I back any of the Hollywood celebs. I back the President. I'll go even further and say that I think that anyone protesting should be fined, jailed or ??? None of this would have been acceptable during WW2.

Seems like there was a "crime of sedition" that was enforced during WWII:

SEDITION

2 entries found.

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]

Sedition \Se*di"tion\, n. [OE. sedicioun, OF. sedition, F.
s['e]dition, fr. L. seditio, originally, a going aside;
hence, an insurrectionary separation; pref. se-, sed-, aside
+ itio a going, fr. ire, itum, to go. Cf. {Issue}.]
1. The raising of commotion in a state, not amounting to
insurrection; conduct tending to treason, but without an
overt act; excitement of discontent against the
government, or of resistance to lawful authority.

In soothing them, we nourish 'gainst our senate The
cockle of rebellion, insolence, sedition. --Shak.

Noisy demagogues who had been accused of sedition.
--Macaulay.

2. Dissension; division; schism. [Obs.]

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, . . .
emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies.
--Gal. v. 19,

Syn: Insurrection; tumult; uproar; riot; rebellion; revolt.
See {Insurrection}.