December 7th ?????..... come on folks!

turbofabricator

How many of you and your kids know how important today is? Have we all forgotten? Not me and my family. No Sir!...
My kids are in their mid twenties and do know the importance of today's date. ...............
When our daughter was a junior in high school she had to write a "scholarly paper". It had to be a paper on a controversial topic. (Gun control, abortion, etc.) She chose the bombing of Nagasaki and Heroshima. Controversial for "some".
I read her history text book with her and was APAULED at the complete CRAP in her history book. NOTHING about the lead up to the war, but pages about how much the effin Japs suffered after the bombs were dropped. NOTHING about the Japanese EATING our prisoners............NOTHING about the MURDER......RAPE.......and CANOBOLISM of the entire Pacicific Rim. NOTHING!!!!!. If you have been as fortunate as I have and talked with WWII vets you will learn more than any book will tell you. But you can still read about alot of it if you look. "GHOST SOLDIERS, FLY BOYS are two great books to start with. Go to an old folks home and ask question's. I was in an airport in 2000 waiting for a flight. Drinking a cup of coffee of Starbucks..........a woman sat next to me with a big stack of paperwork. I told her that that was too much work for an airport....... She said she was grading papers. I asked her were she taught? She said she was a college professor at "xyz university" (don't want to "out" her, as most of her fellow professors would want her dead) She said she was an American History Professor. We chatted for awhile. I then asked her a question that has always bothered me........."How much have history books changed over the years(curriculum)" She said "Funny you should ask me that!" I said "Why?" She said ..........."Because that's what I wrote my thesis on for my PHD" She went on to say that most of the info is still there.........however.......history books written after WWII are all pro American, but.........all the history books written after the Vietnam war are all ANTI-American. I said thanks as that is the era that I was in middle school and saw it myself. She said it was because during the Vietnam draft days if you enrolled in school you didn't have to go into the military. An easy certificate/degree was teaching. So all these draft dodger-pacifist-liberals became teachers, then admidistrators, then the ones who write and approve curriculum in public schools.
Folks.........spend time teaching you're own kids because they are being spoon fed CRUD.
PHP:

What say the rest of you? I'm so sick of where we have ended up. I spent years with WWII vets listening to how it really was. It brings a tear to my eyes eveytime someone cheats on voting. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of folks died to allow us to vote and some jackazz tries to cheat the system. Litterally pisssing on the graves of eveyone that died so we can all vote. Rant over.

I am glad you brought this up. Sadly, my children said nothing was said about the topic at school today. I took the opportunity to give my take on what happened and let them give their views.

I agree, days like today and veterans day are glossed over without so much as a cursory glance at the fact that many "gave all" so we might live in a free country. I hope all might discuss with their children the sacrifices our forefathers made.

My dad says the saddest part of the people that gave their lives to make our lives better is what we have done with it.I get called opinionated as I feel we have already forgot 911.Too many people have too many rights they have done nothing to deserve,.Ok lets have some opinions

Kevin

Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it. We are witnessing the reversal of right and wrong. That reversal leads to the eventual destruction of our morals and then the destruction of the country itself.

Since my day job is at a nursing home I have talked to many old codgers over the years. All of them I have talked to are disappointed at where the country is and where it is headed. Read a lot about Pearl Harbor over the years and remember building a model of the Arizona when I was a kid. On the bucket list is a visit to the Arizona Memorial but doubt that will ever happen.

I've been fortunate enough to see the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor twice. Very eye opening.

My father was a WWII vet but would never talk about it. I do know that he was in the area called "the bulge" and understand why he wouldn't talk about it now. What we are running into now is a sad situation of the older people that had the benifit of people that understood struggle and those that believe that they shouldn't have to struggle, which happened after WWII in the 50's and 60's. Those that grew up with nothing decided to give their kids eveything that they didn't have.

Those kids don't understand how they got to this point much less what it means to serve the country. They don't understand why they shoud even want to serve in any capacity to help the country. The people that were in WWII era knew what it was like to help a neighbor in trouble and sacrifice for the good.

It's sad to think that Pearl Harbor is just a blurb on the TV now and that Memorial day and Veterans day are nothing more than a special sale now.:mad:

My dad was a retired Major MP in WWII, Manhattan Project, Korea and Provost Marshall in Baumholder Germany. While in the Pacific theater he was stationed at the first Japanesse POW camp on New Calidonia. I've got letters in his footlocker from prisoners thanking him for treating them humanely. He didn't tolerate mistreatment of the prisoners. He felt that was not the American way. He learned the regular soldiers were just like us. They just wanted to go home to their families. The Japanesse in general were brutal to all they conquered, civilain and solder alike. The payback, being nuked, was pretty sever and humbled them.

I am glad you brought this up. Sadly, my children said nothing was said about the topic at school today. I took the opportunity to give my take on what happened and let them give their views.

This happened to me today as well. You would think at any level of education they would set some time along the course of the day aside to at least mention it.... too many people take for granted the selfless actions of others along the course of our history.

This happened to me today as well. You would think at any level of education they would set some time along the course of the day aside to at least mention it.... too many people take for granted the selfless actions of others along the course of our history.

Same here! Asked my 15 year old son if Pearl Harbor was discussed in his American History class and he said nothing was mentioned!

Come on guys !! Ya can't bring up stuff like this !!! Someone will get offended and it won't be a TRUE American !! Nothing spoken about yesterday at my breakfast till I brought it up. 75% of the other people gave me the deer in the headlight look :mad: Hell we are a joke to the rest of the world with this ...well you know who I am talking about !! AND I don't see it getting any better soon . Oh I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings after they read this :rolleyes:
...Oh have to add.. NOTHING in the newpapers anymore about kids getting killed in those ****hole countrys that hate our ****ing guts...ok I am getting pissed now..

I think its odd how our forefathers fought and died for our right to be a free, christian, american nation yet we are anything but that.We have been taken over without a single shot being fired. This is america where we should have the right to say merry christmas,have public prayer and not be afraid to remember or mention the history that makes us what we are today.

If I lived in another country I would expect to have to adapt to another culture and except their way of life. But here WE are expected to adapt to everyone elses culture for fear of offending anyone.You dont have to believe the way that the general american public believes,but accept/respect the AMERICAN lifestyle or leave.

The prime minister of austrailia said it best(if you want to live here with us in peace and harmony you're welcome to stay,if you dont like the many freedoms our country has to offer exercise another right we have,the freedom to leave,if you dont like our country GET OUT!) I think my quotation is pretty close.

I will be damned if I will ever call a christmas tree a holiday tree and I will drop a knee anywhere I please to pray should the urge hit me(take that aclu)

All of these countries that hate us,try to kill us, and vote against us at u.n. meetings are the same ones your tax dollars go to feed and provide financial aid to.

I also got to see the arizona memorial last year.It has been on my bucket list for awhile. It was a very somber/sad experience for me. It shocked me how many people that were there to see it had no respect for the dead. I did have one relative to survive the attack,he exact words were " I didnt know whether to s$#@ or go blind"

This is just my .02 cents worth, please let us not forget who we are or the sacrafices that were made by others so that we may live the life we lead.Remember the day that will live in infamy, remember the history that makes america america. I dont care if its not politically correct, then again Im not running for public office.

Lest we forget and speak your mind,simple.Now I would like to share one of my proudest moments with my daughters:biggrin:

We had their Jr dragsters in a trade show for one of our sponsors and the military also had a display their.Well on both of their cars we had 2 commemorative coins glued to the chain guards.One was the poppy quarter and the other was the veterans coin.When people asked "why do you have money on yours cars" I would say it is to remember and give thanks to those who lost their lives so I can live this good.Well this young soldier stopped by the booth and noticed the coins and he knew what they were.When he asked my daughter why they were their,my 12 year old said.They are to thank you for giving us a better life,the young private almost cried with joy and took her over to the military exhibit and gave both the girls a grand tour of all the equipment and told all his buddies.Their are many ways of teaching our youngsters about our history and school and the media is not one of them.BUT my kids are forming their own opinions.Oh and I offend people on a daily basis if they don't like to live here

Kevin