Tips to remove rear upper arms bolts

josefigue

Hi: As title ;I need some tips to remove the bolts (the bolts attached to the chassis):mad: of the rear upper arms.Thanks

If I can remember correctly I had the wheels off and used a combination of extensions and muscled them loose while standing in the wheel well. My car was on lift so it was easier than doing it on jack stands. They are tough as you have found. I think we let them soak with WD40 for a little while. Good luck.

Here is what worked for me, yes it was a PITA. I found it on this forum.

6 point 1/2 in drive on the nut. 3/8 to 1/2 in adapter on the socket. 3/8 swivel and then extension. Impact gun on the bolt (helps to have someone use the impact) while you hold the ratchet.

X2 on the impact wrench!! :) I tell ya, that is the best investment one can make..air tools :)

the only problem with an impact is that you might snap the bolts- but tha'ts ok, as long as it's apart.
that, and if the car has ever been on a gravel road in it's lifetime- or within 5 miles of one- the impact will make only the dirt and gravel that is directly above your eyeballs fall straight into said eyeballs.