Time to go big

Eric,
You are blessed to have knowledgeable and HONEST people helping you with the build. :cool:
As you already know, speed = $$, whether at the track or shortening the build time.
A rule of thumb I use is; Establish a realistic build time, and multiply by 2.

Either way, Best of luck. Should be an animal when you are done. :cool:

Eric,
You are blessed to have knowledgeable and HONEST people helping you with the build. :cool:
As you already know, speed = $$, whether at the track or shortening the build time.
A rule of thumb I use is; Establish a realistic build time, and multiply by 2.

Either way, Best of luck. Should be an animal when you are done. :cool:

Thanks Jerryl. As stated earlier, I'm shooting for a spring completion date and I believe that's a realistic goal. I’m already compiling a want list of parts and hopefully I’ll have a block in hand by this weekend. I know this is going to take a lot of money and sometimes I wonder if I should just check into that local sanitarium and save the money.

I do consider myself blessed by having good friends to help me out and share a genuine interest in seeing me achieve my goals. They just think I’m a little nutty for sticking to my Hot Air guns and not giving up and changing to an intercooled setup.

They just think I’m a little nutty for sticking to my Hot Air guns and not giving up and changing to an intercooled setup.

+1

welcome to the club.

hero in my book. there are just tooooooo many who bandwagon the intercooler. fight the power! keep the heat!

A.j.

+1

welcome to the club.

hero in my book. there are just tooooooo many who bandwagon the intercooler. fight the power! keep the heat!

A.j.

AND STILL AREN'T RUNNING 10'S!!!!!!!

Or are running 10's and gettin some serious arse busted by Jamie's Hot Air....lol

In the interest of sharing, here’s what happening.

Block Details
-------------
My old block is a 20 bolt hot air block (2552140) that was bored .030 over. The cylinder walls look good and just needs to be honed and a bit of an exterior cleanup. After getting advice, I decided not to rebuild the original block, but instead to go with the naturally aspirated 109 block. The thought process is that the block will not be abused like a turbo block, doesn’t have the oil drain hole that the turbo 109 blocks have and is a stronger block. We’ll bore it to .020 over just to make sure if anything happens in the future it can be bored out again without risking the integrity of the block.

If the block checks out, I’ll be ordering the stroker crank, rods and pistons next week as well as the girdle.

Dude you just don't know but you have a good one, either way if it's KZF or KCF it's from an Olds 442 and has one of the best valve bodies out there even better than the BQ,BRF and CZ. I always say if it aint broke don't fix it. Don't get caught up on the BRF vs everything else hype. The Gn wasn't the only model with a performace valve body.

Boostmaster

There is more to the BQ-BRF transmission besides the valve body. the governors are specific to to those valves bodies for the turbov6.

Also if you will look deeper into the trans case there are a few roller bearings/bronze bushing in the BQ-BRF trans that no other 2004r got. The others used plastic bushings.

then there is the sizee of the pump springs a pressure regulator valves. Also in some of the apply pistons there is a diffrent amount of return springs.

So there is a quite abit of diffrence.

i'm sure that there is a little bit more that i forgot but these are the biggest issues.

Just remember that the BQ-BRF transmissions were behind the most torquey engine in a G-body!

Boostmaster

There is more to the BQ-BRF transmission besides the valve body. the governors are specific to to those valves bodies for the turbov6.

Also if you will look deeper into the trans case there are a few roller bearings/bronze bushing in the BQ-BRF trans that no other 2004r got. The others used plastic bushings.

then there is the sizee of the pump springs a pressure regulator valves. Also in some of the apply pistons there is a diffrent amount of return springs.

So there is a quite abit of diffrence.

i'm sure that there is a little bit more that i forgot but these are the biggest issues.

Just remember that the BQ-BRF transmissions were behind the most torquey engine in a G-body!

Anytime you build one you're going to replace or upgrade those things anyway. So again aside form the valve body governor relationship you guys make wayyy to big a deal over the GN trans. It's not like GM designed a whole new trans for the Turbo Regal, they didn't they just modified or upgraded the components they felt necessary. I'm not going to steal Eric's thread on this but do a search in the transmission forum pleanty of info on the CZ, KZ, BQ and BR trans'. I've built quite a few myself and prefer the either BQ or BR valve body with green Monte Carlo CZ or CRF governor. Personal preference over facts always do more harm than good. Kinda like Hot Airs don't run fast until you put an intercooler on em'. Eric if you don't want that junky trans I'll take it off your hands, cheap though since it's junk anyway.

Anytime you build one you're going to replace or upgrade those things anyway. So again aside form the valve body governor relationship you guys make wayyy to big a deal over the GN trans. It's not like GM designed a whole new trans for the Turbo Regal, they didn't they just modified or upgraded the components they felt necessary. I'm not going to steal Eric's thread on this but do a search in the transmission forum pleanty of info on the CZ, KZ, BQ and BR trans'. I've built quite a few myself and prefer the either BQ or BR valve body with green Monte Carlo CZ or CRF governor. Personal preference over facts always do more harm than good. Kinda like Hot Airs don't run fast until you put an intercooler on em'. Eric if you don't want that junky trans I'll take it off your hands, cheap though since it's junk anyway.
QUOTE]

No one said anything about it being a junky trans. All i told him was it's a good thing that he is planning on going back thru it just to make sure that there are good parts in it.

Wouldn't you think it would be stupid to not look at the trans while its out? expecially knowing that your building a hotter motor to go in front of it?

You can build any 2004r to be strong. but it's like anything else if you start with a better foundation. your gonna spend less money on it.

Now for the Intercooler crap you spat out of your mouth............ Well The truth is there are way more faster cars out there with a I/C than not. I'm not just talking about buicks either.
I'm not mentioning this to discredit anyone here in the hot-air forum.

I'm simply stating the facts here.

No one said anything about it being a junky trans. All i told him was it's a good thing that he is planning on going back thru it just to make sure that there are good parts in it.

Wouldn't you think it would be stupid to not look at the trans while its out? expecially knowing that your building a hotter motor to go in front of it?

You can build any 2004r to be strong. but it's like anything else if you start with a better foundation. your gonna spend less money on it.
Finally something we can agree on.

Now for the Intercooler crap you spat out of your mouth............ Well The truth is there are way more faster cars out there with a I/C than not. I'm not just talking about buicks either.
I'm not mentioning this to discredit anyone here in the hot-air forum.

I'm simply stating the facts here.

I wonder if that would be true if there were'nt wayyy more 86-87's than Hot Air cars? After all, the availabilty of performance parts wouldn't be the same either. Ok debate over.

GOOOO Eric time to go BIGGER and FASTER!!!!

Patrick there are plenty of hot air sets up on other types of vehilces that run pretty darn quick as well. If the vendors supported the hot airs like they do the intercooled cars there would be a lot more staying hot air as well. However my car is faster then a fair share of intercooled cars as it sits, even yours... LOL

;)

Patrick there are plenty of hot air sets up on other types of vehilces that run pretty darn quick as well. If the vendors supported the hot airs like they do the intercooled cars there would be a lot more staying hot air as well. However my car is faster then a fair share of intercooled cars as it sits, even yours... LOL

;)

ROTFLMMFAO!

BWA HA HA HA now that was funny.

i cant wait until a carb car says the same.

:biggrin:A.j.

Hi Jamie, I don't think you should discount Pat's car quite yet. He's been babying that motor and there's a whole lot left on the table with his combo.

However you're setting a pretty high bar and the intercooled cars that are faster than you are slimming down in numbers.

If the vendors supported the hot airs like they do the intercooled cars there would be a lot more staying hot air as well.

Please let me know what products you are looking for and perhaps we can oblige you. I know several vendors who are always looking for new products to bring to market.

Eric: sent you a PM

;)

At this moment you are faster than me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever see a post where i stated that my car was faster than blah,blah's hot air, I/Ced car.

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz All i said up top. is there are plenty of other I/C cars that are fast besides the buicks. Hell Alot of them didn't come turbocharged for that matter.

You guys and gal seem to be attacking me for pointing out facts. I was not the one spating out crap about I/C cars. it was boostmaster in his reference of hot airs guy going I/Ced to go fast.

Read what i have posted before making a comment please. :rolleyes:

Maybe i should just go play elsewhere..................................

I got a 84 Wh1 for sale.

Hi Jamie, I don't think you should discount Pat's car quite yet. He's been babying that motor and there's a whole lot left on the table with his combo.

However you're setting a pretty high bar and the intercooled cars that are faster than you are slimming down in numbers.

Thanks dude!!!!!!!!!

Yes she has set the bar! Without a doubt.

Patrick I'm just picking on you, boostmaster was too.

Don't take everything so serious.

Absolutly...

look what you have done with the 6152?

nobodys questioning your abilitys...

just giving you s hit because its fun.

im an Ass Hat like that.

:biggrin:A.j.

Not So

You guys and gal seem to be attacking me for pointing out facts. I was not the one spating out crap about I/C cars. it was boostmaster in his reference of hot airs guy going I/Ced to go fast.

Read what i have posted before making a comment please. :rolleyes:

Maybe i should just go play elsewhere..................................

I got a 84 Wh1 for sale.

And you should do the same. I wasn't even refering to anyone being faster than the other until you brought it up. I was only referencing that when "the facts" in any capacity are misrepresented then rumor or personal preference becomes fact or the standard assumption. So please before pointing the finger at me you should apply your same rule to yourself.

Please for the sake of the board lets get over all of this and move on. I'M ROUTING FOR ERIC EITHER WAY!!!!!