Ticking noise from engine

BuickTV6

kicking butt Intercooled
Hey guys. I finally got my car up and running, took it out for a cruise. Ran amazing. But I was driving home and I noticed 2 things. 1, one of my injectors is leaking a lot of gas. And 2, the engine developed a tick which is coing from somewhere on the top of the motor. Im not sure ehy. I wasen't even laying into it. What could this tick be? Its not a knock, just a tick . When I accelerate it ticks to the rpm's of the motor. Guys, any idea what this might be?

NO WAY! I got the same noise on my car.It kinda happened over a couple of days. when i rev it ticks in tune with the rpms. I thought at first it might be a shot bearing or somthing in the turbo, but i rebuilt it last night and torn the exhaust hiousing up so its not on yet. man that thing was filthy. let me know what you find out. If mine goes away (cross fingers, knock on wood) ill let you know also.

Check the cam sensor. I've heard that it can made that noise. Not sure how to fix it though. GNTTYPE.ORG might have some insights on the symptom you're describing along with the cure.

Nick

look at the lifters they probably didn't pump up with oil scince they been sitting for so long

Sure its not an injector ?

Id try my finger on them to see if you can feel the 'tick' as well. Starting with the leaky injector....

Found out the problem

I found the problem out. Turns out the the bolt that I put into the egr hole didnt seal right and it popped out. haha. I just put thread sealer on it and she's fine now :)

But the 1 injector is still leaking a good amount of fuel. its leaking right where the injector connects to the fuel rail. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from leaking? any sealer? Anything? I am not in any financial state to purchace new ones and i wanna know if theres something to I can put on it to seal it.

new o-rings.prolly cost you about $2 from chuck leeper or john craig.

be sure to slime em up pretty good with vaseline before you install them.otherwise they'll roll and tear(probably your problem now).bad news is you'll have to pull your fuel rail again...

Second vote for new o-rings.

I cleaned my rail out (where the inj inserts) with a sandpaper roll on a dremel.

now that i put the catalytic converter my car got real quite and i have that tickin sound going along wit the engines revs i read ur post buickTV6 and u said u found ur problem my sounds just they way u described it so my question is where is the egr hole? is it ez to find?where to find is that ll it takes just bolt it in right please help? anypics of where egr is or detailed info