Tial BOV Spring rates ?

KWIKR 1

about to order up a Tial Q 50mm BOV . what determines the blow off spring psi rates ? what do you suggest for a intial spring rate for a street/strip TT sbc running 2 x T66 turbos ? MeanMike are you there ? :D :)

usually the TiAL spring rates coincide with engine idle vacuum.... so figure out where your engine idles at and buy the corresponding spring...

Engine Vacuum Reading / Color Use Spring
Between:
- 22 and -23 in/Hg -12 Psi (-24 in/Hg )
- 20 and -21 in/Hg Pink -11 Psi (-22 in/Hg )
- 16 and -19 in/Hg Un-painted -10 Psi (-20 in/Hg )
- 12 and -15 in/Hg White -8 Psi (-16 in/Hg )
- 8 and -11 in/Hg Black -6 Psi (-12 in/Hg )

usually the TiAL spring rates coincide with engine idle vacuum.... so figure out where your engine idles at and buy the corresponding spring...

Engine Vacuum Reading / Color Use Spring
Between:
- 22 and -23 in/Hg -12 Psi (-24 in/Hg )
- 20 and -21 in/Hg Pink -11 Psi (-22 in/Hg )
- 16 and -19 in/Hg Un-painted -10 Psi (-20 in/Hg )
- 12 and -15 in/Hg White -8 Psi (-16 in/Hg )
- 8 and -11 in/Hg Black -6 Psi (-12 in/Hg )

Thanks ...engines not built/running yet . I'm just collecting parts as of now .

Ordered one with a 8 psi spring . we'll see how that fairs when the time comes . :) Thanks .

no problem... usually they are pretty good.... if you buy the wrong spring from the jump they will probably switch it out free...or little cost

....cant wait to see progress pics... keep us posted

aaron

no problem... usually they are pretty good.... if you buy the wrong spring from the jump they will probably switch it out free...or little cost

....cant wait to see progress pics... keep us posted

aaron

will do... but this projects on the slow boat to China . I'll have two kids (one overseas) in University this fall and sadly they don't take car parts for tuition payments . dam ..kids always getting in the way of dads projects . lol :D :) My sbc turbo cam is ground on a 115 ls , and from what I gather that will play a bit of factor on the outcome of what the vacuum reading will be along with other things . Thanks for your help . :)