Thrasher chips

6-FITZ

BUFFED
I'm thinking of getting a thrasher chip would you guys reccomend this chip or is there another chip you'd reccomend for street.

Your sig doesnt say whether you have a stock turbo or injectors. Thrashers work good with the stock stuff. Contact Scott231 on this board and he will tell you if a Thrasher will work with your combo

You will run faster than 13.9 with a Thrasher. I will be out of touch until after the Midwest Buick Challenge.

that 13.9 was from last yr. and was a worst case scenario deal. exhuast leaks galore before turbo 90 plus deg. 95% humidity, bald radial t/a's. Everytime the the car would shift i'd go from 12lbs. of boost down to 7lbs. and slowly back up to 12lbs. This yr. everything is the same except for a frt. mount i/c te51 turbo and a thdp. I also hve 009 inj.

I've run 11.53@118 with a thrasher 108 for Bluetops. They are a very easy chip to tune with if you learn a few simple rules:

1.) Don't "play" with the fuel pressure, 45 psi is the number.
2.) If it knocks even a little add octane
3.) If the car doesn't run right, there is something wrong with your car, fix it before you run again
4.) If you port the heads and/or install a very loose converter its time to start looking for another chip, so I would say it's not the right chip for your combo. Sorry.

I don't believe Thrasher makes a chip for 009's. I think they only make 'em for stock injectors and bluetops.

Hey UNGN,
Can you expand on the loose converter part of your statement? The reason I ask is, I have a 3200 stall 9" convertor in my basically stock steup and I recently installed a thrasher 100.
What is the downside to this setup?
Thanks,
Larry

Originally posted by Larry Smith
Hey UNGN,
Can you expand on the loose converter part of your statement? The reason I ask is, I have a 3200 stall 9" convertor in my basically stock steup and I recently installed a thrasher 100.
What is the downside to this setup?
Thanks,
Larry

You can get over boost in 1st and 2nd with a loose converter, that's all. A street thrasher kind of assumes the converter will stall around 2400 and it will take a few moments to achieve full boost (it doesn't even control the boost during that time). If full boost is achieved instantly, the thrasher can be "taken by surprise" and the boost can go to "way over" what its set at.

If you don't have this problem, you are good to go.

Thanks UNGN,
My boost does "flash" to about 22 lbs in first gear, before stabilizing at 19. but i'm not getting knock retard with 100 octane fuel. Should I be concerned about head gaskets? (stock)
Thanks again,
Larry