thoughts on hooker exhaust

SS Paint

Strike,

I agree with your comment:

"Nothing beats stainless steel..."

Where did you find "stainless steel" paint ?........................I'll use it next time.........................

I would have gone with a stainless system if I had the stainless $ at the time, it lasts much longer.

hooker exhaust

I bought my hooker exhaust back in 1996. In 2002 I had to replace my mufflers with dynomax ultra flows stainless steel. My
hooker mufflers were finished, I was a bit surpriced considering that my car doesn't come out in the rain or snow. In 2004 I had to replace my y-pipe and now this year I had to replace both tailpipes. If I knew my whole exhaust was going to let me go, I was going to replace it with an atr stainless exhaust. The reason I didn' was because I had already purchased the dyno max stainless ultra flows, which had already cost me over 500$ (can). When I was looking for a new y-pipe there was no company that made a stainless y-pipe for my mufflers, which are offset in and center out. Atr only made stainless y-pipes for mufflers that are center in and center out. I had to order a new y-pipe and tailpipes from hooker, hopefully this time they won't rust from the inside out. Maybe its my fault, I only drive the car about 1500 km a year, anyways if I would have to start over I would buy a complete stainless steel exhaust from atr but I do agree that the hooker exhaust is the best for the money.

86 Grand National t-top (59000km)
stock long block,stock suspension, red stripe convertor, te44, smc alk injection, 24lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, tomco 30lbs injectors, dyno stage 4 street chip, thdp, mease 24 row IC, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3800lbs race weight.

best ET
60FT=1.52
1/8= 7.38
I/4= 11.74
MPH=113
BEST MPH= 114