This will be my new project this year....

Awe come on you can do that in the GN and probably be even faster :) LS1/T56 would be common from 98-02 Trans Ams and Camaros. The Vortec truck motors are popular also like what is in the Trail Blazer SS, but those may be a bit more $$ since they are newer and have a little different intake and heads I think..no expert on those. 98 and newer Vettes also, but anything with Vette motor covers will be more $$ even though its the same as the other LS1s.

An LS1 turbo'd would be the ultimate...I'm thinking of doing a 383 turbo'd project for my '95 TA with an LT1 with I free up some things this year that take too much of my time..
Oh, that guy is a dam good driver, I figured he was going to smash the curb a few times :)

While more costly, the LS3 takes a LOT of abuse and keeps on kicking, especially if forced induction is the route you're wanting to go. However, a LS1 or 2 would still be a nice choice and a lot of fun.

Check out the LSx and V8 section on here. Lots of good info. The LS1 in my C5 took a serious beating for years without issue.

Peter

Great Idea..Id like to do this in a cutlass or n/a regal for sure.. Any plans of a turbo setup?

Great Idea..Id like to do this in a cutlass or n/a regal for sure.. Any plans of a turbo setup?
No, dont plan on a turbo...just want something simple...went out today to look for a LS...no luck....going to do some research and make a list so i hope to have something soon...

May be hard to find one in a yard, most of the cars they come in are considered "specialty" type cars, and most are spoken for by yards that are dedicated to Camaro/Firebirds (f-bodies) and vetts, etc. May find one in something like a G8 or V8 Malibu or something but I bet they are so new they never make it to a yard either.
When I went looking for an LT4 about 10 years ago for my Silverado, I found it on ebay of course at a vette speciality junk yard about 7 hours away from me. Search on there and CL for maybe something within a few hours drive. There is a ton of entire motors on ebay with all of the accessories, manifolds and usually even the cats.

Yes sir i do....

Here's a few. I probably have a few hundred between when it was stock, then went to procharger, then added nitrous with the procharger :D, then built a single turbo kit for it. Still actually have the single turbo headers for lsx motors.. I'll try to dig up some vids too. :)

Peter

Attachments

• DSC00531-1.jpg
    DSC00531-1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN6752.jpg
    DSCN6752.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 185
  • pink3.jpg
    pink3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 184
  • pinkc5andhitler.jpg
    pinkc5andhitler.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 177
May be hard to find one in a yard, most of the cars they come in are considered "specialty" type cars, and most are spoken for by yards that are dedicated to Camaro/Firebirds (f-bodies) and vetts, etc. May find one in something like a G8 or V8 Malibu or something but I bet they are so new they never make it to a yard either.
When I went looking for an LT4 about 10 years ago for my Silverado, I found it on ebay of course at a vette speciality junk yard about 7 hours away from me. Search on there and CL for maybe something within a few hours drive. There is a ton of entire motors on ebay with all of the accessories, manifolds and usually even the cats.

no V8 has ever been put in the fwd Malibu- it would be cool if they did- but they did put 300hp 5.3's in Monte Carlos, Grand Prixs, and Impala's (and maybe even a W body Buick, but i don't know about that) for a few years after the supercharged 3800 was discontinued.. but those engines are way different than the rwd versions and really aren't worth looking for if you are doing a rwd project car.

Didn't know which ones exactly were v8, whatever the Chevy and Buick car that is similar to the G8

Here's a few. I probably have a few hundred between when it was stock, then went to procharger, then added nitrous with the procharger :D, then built a single turbo kit for it. Still actually have the single turbo headers for lsx motors.. I'll try to dig up some vids too. :)

Peter
Nice looking ride....please post some more pics and vids...thanks

This is a pretty old one, maybe about 10 years or so.

[video=youtube;lD0ck5kbelA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD0ck5kbelA[/video]

Bracket racing :D

[video=youtube;OROI5EGucnI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OROI5EGucnI[/video]

Low boost shakedown pass with the new turbo set up.

[video=youtube;T6Hxo4kspgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Hxo4kspgU[/video]