this looks like a stolen car, smell like a stolen car, must be a stolen car...

BLUE-T-TYPE

found this on ebay.. listed right now... 160401013298 i bet someone switched the vin plate and title on this one...

my car is a 307 conversion... this looks like a repainted t-type all the way. i dont see someone changing everything just to make it look like a t-type, they usually go for a grand national look. door panels, dash trim, hood emblem, black out trim, power master and the list can go on...

True..but if they started with a V8 that had the 't-type' package already on it then the interior would alreay look like that. Then it would be just a matter of engine (and all the bits a pieces), hood, and emblems. Something to think about. The VIN with a pic of the RPO sticker would tell the story.

my car is a 307 conversion... this looks like a repainted t-type all the way. i dont see someone changing everything just to make it look like a t-type, they usually go for a grand national look. door panels, dash trim, hood emblem, black out trim, power master and the list can go on...

well officer O'Malley lots of guys have done conversions that you couldn't tell it wasn't real . I actually did a GNX years ago .. common people had no idea that it wasn't real :p

Do the G body Regals have the vin stamped in other areas of the body besides the tag in the windshield?

First thing I'd do, after bumping the title against the vin tag, is make sure the vin in the windshield is secured with the factory rivets, and not Home Depot rivets.....if it passes this test then I'd make sure the vin in other parts of the body (if so equipped) matches the one in the windshield...since cons have been known to cut and graft the vin tag area of the firewall on as to give the impression it's the real deal, and not a fake.

True..but if they started with a V8 that had the 't-type' package already on it then the interior would alreay look like that. Then it would be just a matter of engine (and all the bits a pieces), hood, and emblems. Something to think about. The VIN with a pic of the RPO sticker would tell the story.

86 v8 ttype ...no , 87 v8 T yeah a couple were built

I sent him a messege asking for a picture of the sticker from under the trunk... I will post his reply..

I know of a few T Types and Ts that were converted to GNs over the years .

Dan one weird thing if it was an 86 Regal they put an 87 T interior in it.
M in the vin should mean limited.
Also looks like 8" not 7" GN wheels all the way around. Some on spent some $ on that car.
You know we as I do how many GN motors are in other Gbodies. Hell I parted out an 85 SS,87 Cutty & a 79 Malibu with GN drive tranes & interiors. If some one wants what they want they will spend the $ doing it them selves.
I wouldn't say stolen but it does look more like an 87T then an 86 converted.

I think the trunk sticker, Body plate, & the driver side door sticker would give a better clue.

I think the trunk sticker, Body plate, & the driver side door sticker would give a better clue.

yup.. thats the decision maker :cool: My first parts car in 86 went to a Cutless with a small block.. Rear end and interior. Thought it was weird at the time BUT he had the $$$$ so away it went :biggrin:

Okay seller states that there is no sticker on the trunk or door or tag on the fire wall... Said they were removed for painting and lost... Lol

Do the G body Regals have the vin stamped in other areas of the body besides the tag in the windshield?

Good question, i think so???? I know its on the frame in the rear.

I dont think its stolen, the original GN could have just been wrecked and they swapped in all the good stuff. Ive done it a few times.

BW

Oversize the engine picture and zoomed in on the emissions label 400% looks to be a turbo label. It's forsure got the pass side turbo inter fender wells, the N/A cars have molded mounting bosses behind the over flow jug.:wink: