This is not how to built a transmission, (Pics inside, Beware).

N
:eek:;):biggrin::cool:

You are stepping in deep water, you really don't know anything about this situation. Might want to gracefully drift out of this thread...

You know, I don't know every single detail. But, a big but,if I had paid that much money for a car, it had better not have a single problem with it. I know Harold can be a pain in the arse at times, however, he should not have had issues with this car upon receiving it. I'd be fricking livid too. Honestly, I was drooling over his car when it was advertised originally, still a seething, however, I'd be killed by my better half if I had to dump an additional 3K into it. Disclamor, don't buy anything wthout inspecting it for yourself first. As already stated too, high horse power cars do have a tendency to break and are NOT the most reliable vehicle on the road.

Crap like this is why I'm glad I met Lou. Thanks to him my car is turnkey. I got 99 problems but a broken Buick ain't one.

Yup, I also have one of Lou's engines in my car, tranny from his builder and never had a single problem with either. When we meeting up for some racing? Going to the Q Friday, I run just as fast there...lol I know you hate that place... : - )

ALL FAST CARS have small isues ALL of them..

id say ther has to be HP minimun to post in this thread... haha

this car is friken awsome.... it takes REAL money to build a car like this one..

Yup, I also have one of Lou's engines in my car, tranny from his builder and never had a single problem with either. When we meeting up for some racing? Going to the Q Friday, I run just as fast there...lol I know you hate that place... : - )
Raymond the trans that's in your car was build by the guy I was referring to & not even a racer. He's been around as long as I. Will not get involved with trans brakes in a 2004r & says if you want one go to a 400 & if you get serious about racing your car on a regular basis that's what I would also recommend. As for Harold's situation I stand by my opinion that the buyer & seller in that deal are victims & see both points of view. The problem here is because of the circumstances neither party is talking to one another & airing their grievances publicly. Perhaps splitting the cost of the repairs would defuse the situation. Thats what I would suggest although if Brett were to tell me shut up stupid I would understand.

I think Harold's trans guy IS Lou's trans guy as well as many others - he is the one saying the trans brake is junk, said the pan / filter set up was crap, found the seal problem, as well as the burnt 'new' clutches.

Perhaps splitting the cost of the repairs would defuse the situation.
Was it in writing that they would split the costs on repairs when they did the transaction? Where would the line be drawn? Ive sold over 50 used cars and never split costs of repairs for anything that has broke after the transaction was complete. The second the new owner had the title in their hands and i had the $ the buyer assumes all risks associated with buying a car that is used being sold "as is" just as its listed on the bill of sale. I would hardly think that any seller would be willing to split the cost of repairs after a thread like this was started.

was it in writing that they would split the costs on repairs when they did the transaction? Where would the line be drawn? Ive sold over 50 used cars and never split costs of repairs for anything that has broke after the transaction was complete. The second the new owner had the title in their hands and i had the $ the buyer assumes all risks associated with buying a car that is used being sold "as is" just as its listed on the bill of sale. I would hardly think that any seller would be willing to split the cost of repairs after a thread like this was started.

amen

Amen. When I bought my 87, it was loaded with every goody I would have done had I started with an intercooled car. GN1's, 83# injectors, 70 series turbo, billet caps, 224/224 roller cam, fmic, ME-R sytem, Vigilante. I knew I had to tune the car before I "drove" it and I knew the risks of killing something along the way. I finally did cook the trans, on a road trip, but it was because of a lockup solenoid failure. I did not blame the original builder of the trans for using the factory lockup solenoid because it worked for the guy I bought the car from for a few years and for me for the first couple. I will not name who built it originally because I know he knows what he is doing and when I went into it, it was built as the last owner had requested. I have enough power that I think I am going to freshen it up this spring so I can throw some more at it and not worry about blaming anyone for what I am putting it through. :D

I think Harold's trans guy IS Lou's trans guy as well as many others - he is the one saying the trans brake is junk, said the pan / filter set up was crap, found the seal problem, as well as the burnt 'new' clutches.

Well if it is the same dude he sure knows what he is doing. Look at meanchicken racing anything and everything and still has not broke it.

i would like to know why the above said trans builder says the parts are junk?

Was it in writing that they would split the costs on repairs when they did the transaction? Where would the line be drawn? Ive sold over 50 used cars and never split costs of repairs for anything that has broke after the transaction was complete. The second the new owner had the title in their hands and i had the $ the buyer assumes all risks associated with buying a car that is used being sold "as is" just as its listed on the bill of sale. I would hardly think that any seller would be willing to split the cost of repairs after a thread like this was started.
Bison, help me to understand, So what you're saying were I to buy a car from you based on trust & the assumption that you were an honest person & couldn't make it around the block without a major problem that it would be OK in your estimation & naive for me to assume that I got screwed & just suck it up. If that's your position remind me never to do business with you.

Bison, help me to understand, So what you're saying were I to buy a car from you based on trust & the assumption that you were an honest person & couldn't make it around the block without a major problem that it would be OK in your estimation & naive for me to assume that I got screwed & just suck it up. If that's your position remind me never to do business with you.
First of all i repair/race cars often so that if i said such and such work was done on it id be able to prove it and you would be able to hold me to my word a lot easier than any other person just selling a car. You would have to know the person selling the car to make any kind of assumptions as to how much you could take their word for it. If you dont know them then you have to look a lot further. If the car was not sold with a warranty then its up to the seller to make the call if they want to fix anything that breaks after the sale. The seller of this particular car is not equipped in any way to fix anything mechanically wrong or that may go wrong or even know there may be a problem. The trans problem(s) would have easily been uncovered before the buyer paid if he had asked to see some datalogs showing WOT ratio changes. This thing made about 700whp and if there is any hint of a problem it would be immediately apparent even without ever seeing the car in person. At that point the potential buyer could have backed out or had this problem looked into before they bought the car. I dont know anyone who has built a car with 100+hp per hole and not had some kind of problem after they got it running. Some people have no idea about cars and what it takes to repair them never mind repair or build one like this one and buy or sell it. Ive been burned plenty of times on cars. Ive been burned plenty of times on parts. Ive been burned on this board and not necessarily because the seller knew they were selling a pile of crap. Its chalked up as a loss and i move on. Starting a thread like this one is not a way to get someone to work with you. It will get the complete opposite effect. Would you send a stranger $30k+ without looking at what you were buying in person? You know enough what to look for especially in these cars. It wouldnt make any sense to gamble on something like this would it.

i would like to know why the above said trans builder says the parts are junk?

I guess CK and PTS have been selling junk for years because they both use very similar pick ups with very similar filters.

I think what everyone is missing is that Brett paid to have the parts in the car built, I dont think he would have knowingly paid for a bad trans or sold a car with a bad trans he just spent big $$$ on.

brake line, im no expert but i do know brake fluid will eat paint, is it possible that the black stuff on the brake line is paint or power coat that transfered from what ever part the line rubbed against when the fluid stated leaking? ive see similar happen.

I know it has been stated this was a brand new build that was unproven. with any build that is a complete custom there are gonna be growing pains, thats part of the deal.

now i would be pissed now doubt if i paid 30K for a car and had similar problems but is Brett the one to blame? he just paid to have the car built.

i think what everyone is missing is that brett paid to have the parts in the car built, i dont think he would have knowingly paid for a bad trans or sold a car with a bad trans he just spent big $$$ on.

Brake line, im no expert but i do know brake fluid will eat paint, is it possible that the black stuff on the brake line is paint or power coat that transfered from what ever part the line rubbed against when the fluid stated leaking? Ive see similar happen.

I know it has been stated this was a brand new build that was unproven. With any build that is a complete custom there are gonna be growing pains, thats part of the deal.

Now i would be pissed now doubt if i paid 30k for a car and had similar problems but is brett the one to blame? He just paid to have the car built.

x2

First of all i repair/race cars often so that if i said such and such work was done on it id be able to prove it and you would be able to hold me to my word a lot easier than any other person just selling a car. You would have to know the person selling the car to make any kind of assumptions as to how much you could take their word for it. If you dont know them then you have to look a lot further. If the car was not sold with a warranty then its up to the seller to make the call if they want to fix anything that breaks after the sale. The seller of this particular car is not equipped in any way to fix anything mechanically wrong or that may go wrong or even know there may be a problem. The trans problem(s) would have easily been uncovered before the buyer paid if he had asked to see some datalogs showing WOT ratio changes. This thing made about 700whp and if there is any hint of a problem it would be immediately apparent even without ever seeing the car in person. At that point the potential buyer could have backed out or had this problem looked into before they bought the car. I dont know anyone who has built a car with 100+hp per hole and not had some kind of problem after they got it running. Some people have no idea about cars and what it takes to repair them never mind repair or build one like this one and buy or sell it. Ive been burned plenty of times on cars. Ive been burned plenty of times on parts. Ive been burned on this board and not necessarily because the seller knew they were selling a pile of crap. Its chalked up as a loss and i move on. Starting a thread like this one is not a way to get someone to work with you. It will get the complete opposite effect. Would you send a stranger $30k+ without looking at what you were buying in person? You know enough what to look for especially in these cars. It wouldnt make any sense to gamble on something like this would it.[/QUOTE

]Bison thanks for stating the obvious & the assumption that this transaction was based on the buyer having any common sense. You have to understand that here in CA. we are not expected to be responsible for stupid decisions & it's rather cruel for everyone not to feel Harold's Pain. If nothing else this has provide some entertainment value & boosted participation. I'm glad that we had this conversation & will now go back to practicing what has always been most difficult for me & that would be minding my own business. Regards Lou

Im not sure I believe anything Harold says. He is a notorious liar and psychologically challenged.

Either way, I paid to have the tranny built. If it was not built correctly or the parts failed for whatever reason its not something I would have wished for or expected considering the tranny parts were brand new NOT used.

I did not cut any corners when ordering parts for it. In fact, I was repeatedly told that the parts im purchasing are WAY overkill for a car that was built to just blast around in on the street with. NOT race with. But, I wanted to have a 200 built that could take as much abuse as possible. If it didnt work out that way then it was beyond my control. It worked perfectly fine here in CT.

Harold is a grown man and not a very intelligent one to say the least. IF he didn't fuk the tranny up himself by beating on it and simply breaking it im sure I would have had no problem refunding him some money to off set any additional costs he incured. Im not broke. I could refund him any amount of money and not make a dent in my life. That's not the point.

I did not sell that car with any sort of warranty nor have I ever bought a TR with any sort of warranty and whatever happened to it if any of this is even true happened to it when he got and drove it for a couple hundred miles.

But, the fact remains that if he wasnt such a complete jerkoff and pain in the ass im sure many people (Including YOU Lou) would still be doing business with him but the fact is he rubs people in such a sour way that they have no intention of EVER dealing with him again in any way, shape or form.

I feel the same way or could really care less what he thinks or writes and will never deal with that schmuck again.

Im not sure I believe anything Harold says. He is a notorious liar and psychologically challenged.

Either way, I paid to have the tranny built. If it was not built correctly or the parts failed for whatever reason its not something I would have wished for or expected considering the tranny parts were brand new NOT used.

I did not cut any corners when ordering parts for it. In fact, I was repeatedly told that the parts im purchasing are WAY overkill for a car that was built to just blast around in on the street with. NOT race with. But, I wanted to have a 200 built that could take as much abuse as possible. If it didnt work out that way then it was beyond my control. It worked perfectly fine here in CT.

Harold is a grown man and not a very intelligent one to say the least. IF he didn't fuk the tranny up himself by beating on it and simply breaking it im sure I would have had no problem refunding him some money to off set any additional costs he incured. Im not broke. I could refund him any amount of money and not make a dent in my life. That's not the point.

I did not sell that car with any sort of warranty nor have I ever bought a TR with any sort of warranty and whatever happened to it if any of this is even true happened to it when he got and drove it for a couple hundred miles.

But, the fact remains that if he wasnt such a complete jerkoff and pain in the ass im sure many people (Including YOU Lou) would still be doing business with him but the fact is he rubs people in such a sour way that they have no intention of EVER dealing with him again in any way, shape or form.

I feel the same way or could really care less what thinks or says and will never deal with that schmuck again.

Brent, I got sucked into this & apologize for even rendering an opinion. I'm done Lou