This is not how to built a transmission, (Pics inside, Beware).

This is the transmission that came out of Brett's car that was supposed to be turn key , the car had no passing gear due to spring value on mtv down was only 4psi , car felt heavy off the line, and a very soft mushy 2-3 shift that was almost non existent, bad servo from CK with poor end gap on applied side .15 thousands and release side lip seal was cut and nibbled causing it to leak and keeping the band applied when it wasn't supposed too, that trans brake needs to be redesigned or thrown in the trash, and so do the pan and the custom welded tubes that were fabricated for the pick up probably by a plumber.,( So Brett am I still full of it?) a million thanks to Otto for answering the phone and helping me when he possibly can, he has done a lot more than the original seller could ever do for me as far as picking up the phone and answering questions on the car., I don't know what all the parts are called so bare with me. all the damage parts you see here have less than 25 miles on them, latest and greatest is that the brand new billet alternator from march performance, took a dump on me 2 days ago and stopped charging, Brett said it was a 160 amp alternator, I was told by march and by a local shop that at most it will only put out 100amps which is not enough to run everything on the car causing it to burn up, I am sending the unit to power masters to have it built to put out at least 140amps, bad leaky front brake line( replace with a new one) and a bad leaky C-clip eliminator on rear passenger side(replaced with a new one), needless to say, the car was not a turn key like as he stated in his 4sale thread by a long shot, I want to thank my transmission builder for stepping up building me an awesome transmission.

Pictures speak a thousand words..

Enjoy..

This is everything that was replaced.

IMG_0001.jpg

pump housing, scuffed to S*** due to improper fitting or too much line pressure.

IMG_0010.jpg

Noticed the custom pick up welded tubing :rolleyes: to the right is the Chrysler filter that was sucking up a lot of dirt due to low micron filtration, to the left the one my transmission guy tried to install to solve the problem, we ended up putting in an Art car deep aluminum pan with a 700 transmission filter..

IMG_0008.jpg

This piece only brakes if you do a bad burn out in 3rd gear, no need to use the steel housing piece when not needed.

IMG_0005.jpg

this piece only brakes if you do a burn out and then put the car in reverse before coming to a full stop, noticed the 2 cages already bend from improper fitting or perhaps abuse from the previous driver.

IMG_0004.jpg

This one takes the cake, notice the grove inside this piece, is very shallow, a seal is suppose to fit inside there nicely and snug, but the grove is not deep enough to make the ring fit properly.. so, instead of machining to proper dept the transmission builder did this, drum roll pleaseeeee, view picture below this one.

IMG_0003-1.jpg

This is what they did to the seal, they went razor blade happy around it and even then it wasn't properly seated causing it to drag on the shaft that went through it, this seal would have destroyed itself in less than 100 miles..

IMG_0002.jpg

Intermediate band 2ND gear 50 miles of use burned and gone, fail badly.

IMG_0006.jpg

Last words of wisdom: To whomever built this transmission and you know who you are, please find another way to make a living and stop taking people's money by putting out crap like this on the market..

thanks for viewing..

couple more photos

front brake line leaking brake fuild badly due to it rubbing through on front passenger side bearing cage housing, (it was sprayed with some silicone glue as a temporary fix) :(

IMG_0007.jpg

Another angle on the 10 vein pump housing.

IMG_0011.jpg

Turn key .... drive to axle shop

Turn key
.... drive to trans shop

Just don't turn key too often cause your alternator ain't chargin !

Still a nice car, now get that leaky header fixed :eek:

Harold you decided to post from your 4th screen name today. Good for you. It is you, right Harold? Cause you post from so many different ones it's hard to keep up. Maybe if you were not banned (3) other times you could have actually posted from your original screen name. Can't imagine why you would ever be banned?:rolleyes:

Harold are you off your meds again! Nobody cares what you think nor do they believe anything you post. Your credibility does not exist anywhere on this forum or anywhere else other then inside that warped brain of yours.:eek:

I think Turbo Lou summed it up with his experiences with you. And the funny thing is I have never heard Lou say a bad thing about any of his customers but say the name "Harold" and Lou starts thinken suicide! Cant imagine why that is......:rolleyes:

This was posted by Lou pertaining to ever dealing with you again Harold. Now Harold who do you think actually has more credibility YOU or Turbo Lou?

"Death threats, invasion of privacy, Character assassinations, loss of business, insults, anger ,frustration, reputation stepped on, thoughts of suicide, Homicidal fantasies, Are but a few of the emotions suffered working for Harold in the past. Do you honestly believe I would ever work for Harold again. I would rather you accused of me of having my sister working in a whore house than what you just implied!"

Alternator was bought brand new as 160 amps. We were having a charging issue but switched out the pulley thinking it was too large. It's very possible that the alternator wasn't working properly and failing. That would explain why we were having a charging issue.

Transbrake came from Lonnie Diers and worked perfectly fine for us here. Any of the people you mentioned have more brains, experience and talent then you could fart out of your ass. Again, you have about as much credibility as Bernard Madoff!:rolleyes:

I stopped communicating with you when it was obvious that you had some serious psychological issues like many have stated. I give people the benefit of the doubt till they prove me wrong. Well, after only a few conversations with you it was about as clear as that huge mellon head on top of your shoulders that your driveway was a little short of the road to say the least......:rolleyes:

Otto is just a very helpful person and to be honest with you im suprised he tolerated you as long as he did. Certainly a lot longer then anyone else has or ever will and certainly longer then I could which was about a week.

I would go on record saying that you were probably the biggest jackass I have ever dealt with. And coming from someone who deals with azzholes for a living on a daily basis that's a pretty bold statement from me!

Maybe if you were not such a complete schmuck people might actually take you seriously for once in your life. I just don't see that happening tho.

I think if i bought that car for that price i wouldnt be mad if tranny was built wrong or alternator went bad i would fix it. That was one nice car! For a heck of a deal!

What are the 3 Brett? I will ban all of him, again:rolleyes:

Before anyone questions it, this ban goes WAY back and has nothing to do with what ever current drama he is in...

Used cars are a crapshoot, you were going to have to pay for a tranny rebuild anyway. I have seen friends with bullet proof 200's from all the top builders and they all gave out sooner than later. I would never knowingly buy a car that had a lot of dyno runs unless I was there, usually a proper cool down is not done and the car is just beat until the HP number is reached. You bought a high HP car , they do not come with a warranty.

Since my name has been mentioned.

In all my years of working on Buicks, That cursed 2004r has been my biggest problem. I don't care who you claim to be ,how much you charge or what ever. This is usually the end result of all these freakin experts. Brent you & Harold Both are poster children of my point. The guy Harold has gone to is the one I use. He's my age & has had the same years of experience around 48 give or take a year or so. He's the best person I found so far & gives this tragedy some credibility. Harold unfortunately has none because of his inability to express himself without pissing off everyone he comes in contact with. I have not seen this car but Brent I feel you were out of your league & trusted others to help you with your project, Spent good money & got over your head sold the car to another non mechanic & now it's your turn to get MF ed all over the web. Had he car changed hands to someone that could deal with all the headaches of owning a car like this .This story would have a different ending. My way of doing business is not to get involved with situations like this. When taking on a job it's my way or the highway.I have passed up a lot of opportunities to make money but I feel It's the mechanics responsibility to protect the customer from himself. I try not to do business with idiots for any kind of money & wear my reputation as a grouch as a badge of honor. Harold may have a point but because he has behaved so badly no one will take him serious & now pays the price. This is such a small community & just so hurtful to read this & feel bad for the both of you.

My way of doing business is not to get involved with situations like this. When taking on a job it's my way or the highway.I have passed up a lot of opportunities to make money but I feel It's the mechanics responsibility to protect the customer from himself..

Lou, is that why you kept throwing me out of your shop? ;)

Lou I do not know how to build trannys and would never give anyone the impression I do. Nor did I say I built this one or any other. I sold the car due to family reasons and needed to help my irresponsible sister for the umteenth time.... I could never build a car like this on my own and Ill bet 99% of the members on this board couldn't either. I wish I could, it would have saved me thousands.

You have to trust others or your car will never be finished. Even if you can build a TR by urself almost ALL will need an experienced tuner to make it run right. Plenty of talented people in the TR world but id say only 5% can tune an XFI properly. And without proper tuning your car is useless so EVERYONE needs to turn to someone to help with their project unless ur Duttweiler or someone of that caliber.

It's my 5th Buick. Had two stage II cars before this one. Im well aware of what these cars are about and how unreliable they can be.

In my experience with Buicks it doesnt matter what league your in cause they are simply a giant headache and break often if you build one that makes more then 450 hp. If they didn't you would have no buisness. Im sure there are a few who baby theirs and have few issues but nobody builds a car that the one I sold to baby it.

Unless you can machine your own motor when it fails EVERYONE will have to turn to someone else for help. Few can build their own trannys to and those that can still have issues with them.

The 2004r may be able to withstand a lot of abuse but I see them come into Otto's shop rountinly for repairs. In fact, weekly it seems. Whether they are from an experienced tranny builder or not. Bison is also very talented and experienced with 200's and he has problems with his on a regular basis. Even with all the billet parts they are still unreliable. Personally, I have no desire to run anything in my next car other then a TH400. No OD but no headache either.

I already had it in my head after the car was built that it was gonna break my ballz on a regular basis. That's what cars of that caliber do, they break and break often. whether it's TSM, TSO, TSwhatever...... they all break regularly. Motors, trannys, rears, fuel pumps, etc...

If someone thinks they are gonna buy a 600-800 hp Buick and be problem free they are living in a fantasy world.

I must agree the 400 is the way to go if you want to go faster than 11.30 without trans problems. That was told to me but a TR owner that makes 900 rwhp. Sorry to see this thread guys. I hope it all gets resolved so he can enjoy the car after its repaired.

Lou I do not know how to build trannys and would never give anyone the impression I do. Nor did I say I built this one or any other. I sold the car due to family reasons and needed to help my irresponsible sister for the umteenth time.... I could never build a car like this on my own and Ill bet 99% of the members on this board couldn't either. I wish I could, it would have saved me thousands.

You have to trust others or your car will never be finished. Even if you can build a TR by urself almost ALL will need an experienced tuner to make it run right. Plenty of talented people in the TR world but id say only 5% can tune an XFI properly. And without proper tuning your car is useless so EVERYONE needs to turn to someone to help with their project unless ur Duttweiler or someone of that caliber.

It's my 5th Buick. Had two stage II cars before this one. Im well aware of what these cars are about and how unreliable they can be.

In my experience with Buicks it doesnt matter what league your in cause they are simply a giant headache and break often if you build one that makes more then 450 hp. If they didn't you would have no buisness. Im sure there are a few who baby theirs and have few issues but nobody builds a car that the one I sold to baby it.

Unless you can machine your own motor when it fails EVERYONE will have to turn to someone else for help. Few can build their own trannys to and those that can still have issues with them.

The 2004r may be able to withstand a lot of abuse but I see them come into Otto's shop rountinly for repairs. In fact, weekly it seems. Whether they are from an experienced tranny builder or not. Bison is also very talented and experienced with 200's and he has problems with his on a regular basis. Even with all the billet parts they are still unreliable. Personally, I have no desire to run anything in my next car other then a TH400. No OD but no headache either.

I already had it in my head after the car was built that it was gonna break my ballz on a regular basis. That's what cars of that caliber do, they break and break often. whether it's TSM, TSO, TSwhatever...... they all break regularly. Motors, trannys, rears, fuel pumps, etc...

If someone thinks they are gonna buy a 600-800 hp Buick and be problem free they are living in a fantasy world.
Brett no argument here, Next I can't wait for someone to bring up my next hot button, Turbos & all the junk sold money I have blown on them.

But I think many would agree, they would be pissed also to buy a car for 30K and have to throw $2500 at it as soon as it arrives just to be able to drive it down the road, especially when you thought it was a good to go car.

But I think many would agree, they would be pissed also to buy a car for 30K and have to throw $2500 at it as soon as it arrives just to be able to drive it down the road, especially when you thought it was a good to go car.

$2500 isnt crap to pay on these cars. It was not brand new and i didnt see warranty posted on it. So this is gonna happen to a high performance machine. The car is still a great car and it isnt the last thing that will break nothing is indestructible on these cars. If your wallet isnt deep enough then dont get into this hobby or into that caliber of a car:wink:

This statement holds water on a stock car by all means...I too have owned many very high performance cars and their is No Way to "guarantee" anything when basically every single part of the driveline is pushed 3x + what it was ever designed to do....I realize we build the parts up the best we can however reality is reality and the old saying is so true:
"You want to play...you gotta pay". Don't like/agree with it? Buy a new ZO6, run mid 11's and don't touch it! ...Oh, and a leaky brake line? WHo gives a 'chit :cool: Fix it and move on, it does hurt spending alot of coin on a car and having an imediate problem but again, it's an altered beast...it's all part of the game, and that's with ANY car pushed to the limits.