this doesnt look good...

borderline

I had started a thread about an early 1-2 shift here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/359150-very-early-1-2-part-throttle-shift.html

A buddy of mine sold me a brand new edelbrock 1407 carb for a nice price, so I didn't mess around with the TV cable as per gsgns4me since I was going to change the carb. Now, I had to get the TV geometery correction kit and the TV cable bracket for the edlebrock carb, so I had to wait for those to show up...

I'm a little bit worried, since the cable is about an inch off center from the bracket.

I got the carb installed, with TCI brackets. Here is what I've got after the install. Would you run it like this? Is it normal for these brackets? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 503
I would not. Needs to be a straight shot. Although from the looks of it may just rise the line pressure a little bit a idle and over the entire range.

TCI 376700 - TCI Throttle Valve Bracket

TCI 376710 - TCI Throttle Valve geometry corrector kit

Looks like I am going to have to wait till Monday and call TCI for some guidance. Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!

The TCI bracket gave me some headaches on my Monte Carlo.Try this Holley P/N 20-100.I used this with Q-Jet carbs and some holley.They also have carb specific ones(I like my Q-jet).Good luck

Kevin

TCI 376700 - TCI Throttle Valve Bracket

TCI 376710 - TCI Throttle Valve geometry corrector kit

Looks like I am going to have to wait till Monday and call TCI for some guidance. Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!

The TCI 376700 Bracket is for Q-Jet/Spread Bore Carbs. It doesn't work well with the Edelbrock square Bore Carbs.
These will:
Holley 20-95 - Holley Throttle Cable Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
This Spectre Performance 24283 - Spectre Performance Throttle Cable Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com and this Spectre Performance 2429 - Spectre Performance Chrome 700R4 Throttle Cable Bracket Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com
These mount to the Manifold:
Edelbrock 8036 - Edelbrock Throttle Cable Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Edelbrock 8031 - Edelbrock Throttle Cable Brackets - Overview - SummitRacing.com Pic below.

Attachments

• Edelbrock 8031 Bracket.jpg
    Edelbrock 8031 Bracket.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 698
Nice engine compartment.As you can see in the above pic the cables are not inline but staggered and this is how the oe was.Good luck,

Kevin

Thanks for the info everyone! So instead of my usual research, research, research then buy parts, i gave a parts guy the carb model number, intake model number & transmission info to purchase the bracket. Thats how I wound up with the wrong bracket. Now, instead of waiting a week to get the right bracket (hopefully), I fabbed one up instead (I'm a CNC programmer with access to a waterjet, laser and press brake). Now, I am going to check the transmission pressures with TV cable hooked up, not hooked up and at full pull and see what i get. From what I have read in the ASTG manual, you should rev the car up to 1200 rpm and perform the pressure test. Should you only rev it up when the TV cable is hooked up? I don't like the idea of putting a load on the transmission without the TC cable hooked up. I also have a 2200 rpm stall convertor, should I rev it up high than what the manual recommends? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 279
I installed a TCI-374301 0.500" boost valve when I built the transmission

Here are my pressure readings:
No TV:
P=90
R=155
N=90
D=90
3=90
2=205
1=205

Full TV:
P=245
R=250
N=245
D=255
3=255
2=210
2=210

Any feedback on these readings? I would assume that I should set the cable so that when it is attached to the carb linkage it should be 2-3 psi above the no TV cable reading?

Set the cable to where you get full extension at WOT, if that cable is like a stock Buick (I think it is from the little bit I can see) just adjust the plastic piece all the way in and then get in your vehicle and floor it. The cable will ratchet out of it's own to the correct factory setting.

Set up as above post. I have never heard of looking at the pressures to set cable.I think that was for ford AOD's.I found with the brakets that are inline I could never get it right.Bought the holly style and it was better.

Kevin