Thinking of selling the GN

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Which ad captures your attention better? My real question is, should I try selling it stock or modified?

Of course parts not mentioned in the stock ad that are mentioned in the modded add would be removed.

Stock ad:
1987 GN with 55,000 miles mostly stock. Only upgrades include Hooker cat back dual exhaust and rebuilt tranny by PTE with billet drum and 9/11 3000 stall. Plastic is still on the dash, interior is near perfect with no rips or tears anywhere. Undercarriage looks great, never driven in the rain. No rust or body damage, never been in a wreck. All miles were documented up to 44,000 miles. No disappointments here! Adult owned and well maintained $13,900

Slightly Modded ad:

1987 GN with 55,000 miles. PTE-51, CAS V4, MSD 50's, SMC alky, BSTc commander, ScanMaster, ATR 3" DP, ADJ FP, Walbro 307 FP, Eaton Posi, Big Mouth cold air intake, ATR rear swaybar, $3000 in a professionaly built Killer street tranny with billet internals by PTE, 9/11 3000 stall converter, GNX style wheels in excellent condition with brand new Firestone firehawk tires. I have dyno'd the car several times with a consistant 430 HP and 570 TQ on pump gas and alky. I usually run the car once a year at the track and she's good for an easy 11 second timeslip. Plastic is still on the dash, interior is near perfect with no rips or tears anywhere. Undercarriage looks great, never driven in the rain.No rust or body damage, never been in a wreck . All miles were documented up to 44,000 miles. Over $8000 in parts alone. No disappointments here! Adult owned and well maintained $17,900.

Frank,

Who would your audience be? Is it the guys on Turbobuick or would this be an ad you would run in the Auto trader?

IMHO, this ad is written for the educated user that you would find on this website, but would be way to detailed and confusing for the average buyer.

Let me know the answer to the above and I will go from there!

Originally posted by cjp69
Frank,

Who would your audience be? Is it the guys on Turbobuick or would this be an ad you would run in the Auto trader?

IMHO, this ad is written for the educated user that you would find on this website, but would be way to detailed and confusing for the average buyer.

Let me know the answer to the above and I will go from there!

Most likely I will start with the typical ad in the AutoTrader.

WAY TOO MUCH INFO FOR THE AUTO TRADER!

One, you are a 255 character limit, I think, unless you pay extra.

Two, most people won't know what the hell you are talking about!

Here is my $.02, for what it is worth. The rest of the info you can cover on the phone.

Stock Ad:
1987 GN, 55k miles, mostly stock. New exhaust and performance transmission. Original paint, looks great. Interior, engine, undercarriage all excellent, not driven in the rain. No rust or body damage ever. Adult owned and maintained, No disappointments. $13,900

Modified:
1987 GN, 55k original miles. Over 500 hp and 700 lbs tq. Runs 11's easily, gets 20 mph. Too many new parts to list. GNX wheels. Exc. Orig. paint, car is in show condition, not driven in rain. Adult owned and maintained, No disappointments. $17,900.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Which ad captures your attention better? My real question is, should I try selling it stock or modified?

Of course parts not mentioned in the stock ad that are mentioned in the modded add would be removed.

Stock ad:

Slightly Modded ad:

1987 GN with 55,000 miles. PTE-51, CAS V4, MSD 50's, SMC alky, BSTc commander, ScanMaster, ATR 3" DP, ADJ FP, Walbro 307 FP, Eaton Posi, Big Mouth cold air intake, ATR rear swaybar, $3000 in a professionaly built Killer street tranny with billet internals by PTE, 9/11 3000 stall converter, GNX style wheels in excellent condition with brand new Firestone firehawk tires. I have dyno'd the car several times with a consistant 430 HP and 570 TQ on pump gas and alky. I usually run the car once a year at the track and she's good for an easy 11 second timeslip. Plastic is still on the dash, interior is near perfect with no rips or tears anywhere. Undercarriage looks great, never driven in the rain.No rust or body damage, never been in a wreck . All miles were documented up to 44,000 miles. Over $8000 in parts alone. No disappointments here! Adult owned and well maintained $17,900.

Re: Re: Thinking of selling the GN

Originally posted by cjp69
WAY TOO MUCH INFO FOR THE AUTO TRADER!

Stock Ad:
1987 GN, 55k miles, mostly stock. New exhaust and performance transmission. Original paint, looks great. Interior, engine, undercarriage all excellent, not driven in the rain. No rust or body damage ever. Adult owned and maintained, No disappointments. $13,900

Modified:
1987 GN, 55k original miles. Over 500 hp and 700 lbs tq. Runs 11's easily, gets 20 mph. Too many new parts to list. GNX wheels. Exc. Orig. paint, car is in show condition, not driven in rain. Adult owned and maintained, No disappointments. $17,900.

We have a winner. Well written Trader ads. Somebodies done this before. Personally I would used modified add and tell buyer you can take parts off for lower price. And maybe change the Dyno Number back to real since hopefully 500 HP and 700TQ goes faster then 20mph:D ;)

Re: Re: Re: Thinking of selling the GN

Originally posted by inzanesrt4
We have a winner. Well written Trader ads. Somebodies done this before. Personally I would used modified add and tell buyer you can take parts off for lower price. And maybe change the Dyno Number back to real since hopefully 500 HP and 700TQ goes faster then 20mph:D ;)

Good catch, should be 20 mpg.

The Dyno numbers are real, that is what it puts out (approximately) at the engine. Everybody likes big numbers!

In this price range, a lot of times a higher price = less phone calls. You need them to call so you can sell them on the car.

Maybe Sam or JP can chime in, since they are recent buyers!