Thinking of buying a pressure washer

I didn't see the price, but I made the decision to buy a 5hp Honda powered one that cost me 300bucks and it produces 2500 psi. Almost any gas powered pressure washer will be enough to do a good job washing your car and house, but if you want some good driveway and sidewalk cleaning it will take a long time. Those max settings are when the nozzle is at it's finest in a solid stream so the area it does will be small at high pressure.

$199.88 on coseout. Was $260.00

I like the size of it. I don't have a lot of room for 'stuff' in the garage and if I move it to the shed....that is 1/2 acre away and I am lazy. :)

I have that exact pressure washer. Im happy with it, the turbo wand is great for cleaning the deck wood. The only complaint is no wheels to help move it but its like 50 pounds maybe less.

After the first year you will be happier with the honda. They run forever... and starting it will be a lot easier.

Is 2000 psi enough? Do I need to pay attention to the GPM rating?

Wheels aren't too big of a concern for me as I may put it at the inside corner of the garage and only have to move it 10 feet.

Gallons per minute is very important! The higher the flow the better. When I bought mine I looked at the GPM as close as the pressure,the water is what is doing the cleaning.

Get it!

people always need to have their houses or sidewalks sprayed and they pay plenty for it. that thing can pay itself off in a couple of months...but then again, you did say you were lazy:D

If you have hard water, make you you use some kind of cleaner after you use it. I own a small engine repair shop and I replace about 25-30 pumps a year for customers. We have very hard water here an it kills the brass and aluminum in the pumps. Try rinsing the pump out after use or use a pump saver chemical. The pump alone will cost almost as much as a new pressure washer. If the machine is out out warranty I tell my customer that I would not fix it, I would replace it. Lowes sells a few good models with the Honda and B&S engine. The Honda's usually have the better pumps on them.

If you like that setup at Lowes then I suggest you try Sam's Club. They have one like that, and if you brake it they take anything back. :)

Check out home depot.com and search pressure washers. I bought an Excell 6.5 HP about 4 months ago. It's $300. Briggs and Stratton engine. I'm satisfied with it.

2500 PSI.........I found it on the home depot site and tried to post it here but wouldn't take. Easy to find EXCEL 6.5 $299 Gives all specs.

Next question:

Do I need special soap or can I put any car cleaning soap in these machines?

I still plan to do the GN by hand but I have 3 other cars that are daily drivers and they will get power-soap blasted.

Also, do you all agree with this recomendation?

Choosing the Right Pressure Washer

1200 psi — 1350 psi
For cleaning lawn furniture or washing your car, a washer of this size should be more than adequate

1500 psi — 2200 psi
If you plan to use the washer to clean your deck, you should move up to this size.

2200 psi — 3500 psi
A washer for really big jobs, like cleaning siding or washing off your patio.

The more power it has, the more you'll like it. The other consideration is how much you want to spend. For me the happy medium was about $300. Your choice. ;)