thinking about selling my car 86 gn in long island new york (unique rpo code)

gmmaft

im moving down south at the end of december and im really not feeling the fact that I will have to either ship or trailer my car with me. so its officialy up for sale. if it does not sell then I will just take it with me. I am willing to ship at the buyers expense but it will have to be before the middle of december.

86 buick grand national
161k miles
engine rebuilt 61k miles ago with paperwork
transmission shifts good
t-tops
unique rpo code ZR6 (zone office show car)
clean history
gnx rims
87 front grill
new seat covers. int. mint
mods:
GM LT-1 maf sensor and translator
scanmaster
automoter boost, oil pressure,and air/fuel gauges
fuel pressure gauge
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
new ecu
aeromotive stealth 340 fuel pump
fuel pump hotwire
10 micron fuel filter 6an
brand new fuel lines 3/8" aluminium feed with 3/8" pushlock from the filter to the tank.
brand new 3/8" return also (upgraded from 5/16 for better flow and less stress on the pump)
replaed brake powermaster
fiberglass lightweight front and rear bumpers
complete tune up (of as they say in the turbo buick community "spring cleaning")
the turbo has zero shaft play and boosts nicely
new belt tensioner
all new head and tail lamps
MSD wires
new o2 sensor
dual flowmaster exhauset with new cat converter
new drivers side motor mount (have passenger side but never installed it)
just passed inspetion
lots of traed on tires
WHAT THE CAR NEEDS:
PAINT JOB (bodywork was started by the previous owner but never compeleted
shocks
tachometer needs to be recalibrated
the weather strip is new but was installed improberly will need to be redone (dont worry not a drop of water ever got inside)
the a/c does not work. the compressor blew but I bought another one that the buyer will have to install and charge the system. the car is currenty running on a a/c bypass pulley. or a/c delete bracket.
has a belt squeal that I cant seem to track down because its too cold in my garage to work on it
as far as rust goes I feel that its minimal for an east coast car but you will have to check it out for yourself.

********PRICE DROPPED TO $5000 CASH ONLY NO TRADES 12/5/12

The body looks pretty straight - from what I can see on the few pictures on Ebay.
True?

Would be great to see a few pictures of the typical undercarriage / under floorpan area / and door jams.
To determine what level of rust exisits.

Bumper fillers - shape?

Are there any tears or such in the interior requiring any new interior seat covers or major cost items?

How are the T-top channels? And T-Top seals? (Seals no big deal - channels a little more)
Take that 3M weatherstrip adhesive away from whoever had it installing that weatherstrip in the pictures! ;-)

Last but not the least - how is the engine / transmission?
It looks attended to in the pics, but looks don't always tell the story.
(Ask my ex wife)

It's a great price, even considering the need for a full on paint job.
As long as no serious engine / transmission or interior expenses are required, it would be a good bargain.
It's still easy to drop a G on just little things, but I like the entry price.

And I would trailer it to Atlanta!
45 buck a day for a U-Haul auto transport! - plus gas in the Dodge of course)

bill i didnt know u were selling your gn id sure like to have her i got the money too only thing is i wouldnt know how to get her to ohio looks nice man i could have that paint fixed up in no time hit me up on fb or on here and ill see what i can do

The body looks pretty straight - from what I can see on the few pictures on Ebay.
True?

Would be great to see a few pictures of the typical undercarriage / under floorpan area / and door jams.
To determine what level of rust exisits.

Bumper fillers - shape?

Are there any tears or such in the interior requiring any new interior seat covers or major cost items?

How are the T-top channels? And T-Top seals? (Seals no big deal - channels a little more)
Take that 3M weatherstrip adhesive away from whoever had it installing that weatherstrip in the pictures! ;-)

Last but not the least - how is the engine / transmission?
It looks attended to in the pics, but looks don't always tell the story.
(Ask my ex wife)

It's a great price, even considering the need for a full on paint job.
As long as no serious engine / transmission or interior expenses are required, it would be a good bargain.
It's still easy to drop a G on just little things, but I like the entry price.

And I would trailer it to Atlanta!
45 buck a day for a U-Haul auto transport! - plus gas in the Dodge of course)

well. I dont wanna sound like an unmotivated seller but im not going to be able to pull off the t-top seals and weatherstrip right now. its just way too cold right now to do that. the bumper fillers were replaced last year.
I can try to get some pics of the undercarrage but they will not be great shots.
there are minimal rust areas that you woud really have to look for to notice. but there is surface rust on the control arms ,rear ,and other things (the ar has been a nj car its whole life)
the engine runs good and boosts nice. there were a few problems but the guys on here helped me fix them up.
the transmission shifts good (fluid clean)
seat covers were all replaced
all spring cleaning was done
as far as the price goes thats the lowest I can go. that price is a steal. ive seen this car go for that price with a blown engine and a bad body

ps 45 bucks a day is a bargin for a uhaul auto transporter. they charge $75 over here.

bill i didnt know u were selling your gn id sure like to have her i got the money too only thing is i wouldnt know how to get her to ohio looks nice man i could have that paint fixed up in no time hit me up on fb or on here and ill see what i can do
hit me up on facebook.

well. I dont wanna sound like an unmotivated seller but im not going to be able to pull off the t-top seals and weatherstrip right now. its just way too cold right now to do that. the bumper fillers were replaced last year.
I can try to get some pics of the undercarrage but they will not be great shots.
there are minimal rust areas that you woud really have to look for to notice. but there is surface rust on the control arms ,rear ,and other things (the ar has been a nj car its whole life)
the engine runs good and boosts nice. there were a few problems but the guys on here helped me fix them up.
the transmission shifts good (fluid clean)
seat covers were all replaced
all spring cleaning was done
as far as the price goes thats the lowest I can go. that price is a steal. ive seen this car go for that price with a blown engine and a bad body

ps 45 bucks a day is a bargin for a uhaul auto transporter. they charge $75 over here.

Oh hell!

I have surface rust on my control arms and I'm a Q-tip and detail freak.
Who lives in a warm weather locale - so /i wouldn't be apolgetic about surface rust on a 25 year old car.

I meant - real rust.

As far as the T-tops - the quick check of taking the tops out and if one can see rust penetrating or eating away at the channels.
Sure, then roll the rubber back to see if there is hidden rust...but the basic check.
And I take it yours does not.

With a good interior....
I'm really interested. Really.

Is the body - straight?
I mean - all things considered?
In other words - are we looking at a basic, paint job with the usual body touch ups?

If thats the case - I want it!

And my Dodge is ready U-Haul is waiting.
Those auto transports tow a GN really well.
I was shocked at how well they tow one.

Looks like the t top channels were in the process of already being repaired. I don't see rust but i see some filter under the strip. If u are still interested i will shoot a video of the whole car.and post it here. Because i don't
wanna see u come all the way up here and.not be happy wit what u see.

That goes for everyone.

sorry guys, I had a late start today and will not be able to post any videos up today. as its already dark outside and I want all you out of town guys to see everything in the daylight

I go from michigan to newyork and back doing auto transports every week so if you needed it toted between any of these states ill gladly hook ya up.....

ttt************update,,I will have the title in my hand by thursday of this week. it was issued on friday and mailed out today*****