There goes the franchise....

groumoutis

As a Colts season ticket holder it is a sad day! I have dreaded this day for a long time and now it is here.

I hope they are pulling a prank and releasing Peyton to resign him to a less expensive contract. That is wishful thinking though. Jim Irsay is a wack job to say the least but he was smart enough to wait until after the season ticket renewal deadline had past. So I guess that makes him somewhat smart. I wonder when I will get to see another winning season? I want Manning to prove Irsay wrong and have more great years wherever he goes as long as it's not an AFC south team. This just sucks! I will always be a Peyton Manning fan.

Well when they bailed on Maryland they should've been considered usless.:mad: Not a fan of people that abandon where they started from just because of money.:rolleyes:

I'm betting the neck injury repeats have scared him. Could very well be he was told, "1 more, and you may end up in a wheel chair".

All about the money??? I'd think so. The owners aren't in it as a hobby.

Peyton is a great qaurterback. But he isnt the future of the Colts. If he takes a good hit, hes done. Andrew Luck is a great alternative if the Colts draft him. Honestly after last yr, Your season can only get better Looking forward to seeing the conference at noon

Charlie,

Have you heard the whole story of why they left Baltimore? This is the reader digest version to save some time. The Baltimore Colts had the worst stadium in the league and the fans were not coming to the games. Therefor the Colts were not making any money. The Colts asked the city of Baltimore to help them pay for a new stadium and the city declined. The city new that they had the Colts by the balls and the Colts did to. The city of Baltimore were in the process of filing for eminent domain which mean the Irsay family would lose the team to the city. That is why they left in the middle of the night and went around the city instead of through it. Then you have the city of Baltimore crying about losing the team they refused to support. I don't blame the Irsay family one bit. If I had a multi million dollar investment I'll be damned if I would let someone take it from me!

Right now I am about a mile from the Colts complex eating lunch. Everyone seems to still have a hard time believing it. I would have rather had a bad season with Manning than a good season with Luck. I prefer loyalty. Most of Indiana is that way. Reggie Miller is the perfect example of that. I am going to guess Peyton will end up in Arizona. Where ever he goes he will be great.

64801_145730675549035_100003363096802_170949_1011536142_n.jpg

HE'S AT BYU RIGHT NOW .. MAYBE QB COACH IN HIS FUTURE .. IF HE PLAYS HE WILL END UP IN A WHEELCHAIR FOR LIFE ...

Charlie,

Have you heard the whole story of why they left Baltimore? This is the reader digest version to save some time. The Baltimore Colts had the worst stadium in the league and the fans were not coming to the games. Therefor the Colts were not making any money. The Colts asked the city of Baltimore to help them pay for a new stadium and the city declined. The city new that they had the Colts by the balls and the Colts did to. The city of Baltimore were in the process of filing for eminent domain which mean the Irsay family would lose the team to the city. That is why they left in the middle of the night and went around the city instead of through it. Then you have the city of Baltimore crying about losing the team they refused to support. I don't blame the Irsay family one bit. If I had a multi million dollar investment I'll be damned if I would let someone take it from me!
If I had a multimillion dolar investment I would've made sure it was working so that it would make a profit.:D This has to do with bad management practices in the area it was in. The BS about a football team needing a new stadium and the city involved should pay for it is about as feasable as Wally world coming in and telling the city they want to open a store to pay for the building.:mad: Sports are fine and build character, but the fact that the percieved benifits of a team coming in and boosting the economy up enough to make it worth the while is just a marketing ploy used on the masses so the govenrment can waste more money and get more taxes. Saw it in TN when nashburg decided to take the oilers and saw it again when the new stadium was built for the cryboys in Arlington.:rolleyes:

Just pointing out the way the colts ran out on the city it got it's name for wasn't right and never will be right. The government trying to take a business as eminent domain it total BS because the fact that emenent domain has to do with property and not a business or idea. They can claim the property that the business is established on but can't claim the rights to that business.:D

No matter how you look at the Colts leaving. Manning had nothing to do with it. None of the banners from the Baltimore Colts hang in Lucas Oil Stadium. I have been a Colts fan since they moved here and will be a fan unless they leave.

The paper this AM made a good prediction: NY Jets
I'm thinking AZ or Miami. He needs to be in a dome or good weather. More importantly he has to have an offensive line. Which team has the best offensive line?